Skip to Content
It is currently July 15th, 2018, 8:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 712 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48
PostPosted: February 20th, 2017, 7:01 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

If you enable Facebook at the top, you should see separate download options for facebook and twitter.

I'll go check that as soon as I get home tonight. Don't know what might be broken there, but if this isn't just a case of PEBKAC I'm sure it will be an easy fix.

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 7:35 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Seems to work just fine on my end.
Don't let yourself be tricked by the Header of the file. Apparently I didn't put a template variable there, but made that static.
It will always say "* SAM Broadcaster Web2.0 Connector (twitter)" regardless of wether you download the Twitter/Facebook/Instagram or LinkedIn PAL

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:

PostPosted: February 28th, 2018, 2:51 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Hey everyone,

for all that didn't see the post on facebook or in the Google Group:
We're working on the website once again and this time we're looking at the dashboard.
Originally I tried to pack every possible customization into that dashboard, but now I think it might be a bit full and overwhelming especially to new users.
We'll try to keep all the functionality alive, but we're currently thinking about at least hiding the custom settings per profile in a different/advanced section of the page.
This has been the cause of much confusion in the support requests.

We'd like to know if you/your station is making use of the custom display per profile (i.e. make twitter posts very limited, only showing artists and title, but show buy links and cover art on facebook in addition using the same PAL script and account)

Would be great if you took part in this poll on our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/songposter/pos ... 9932073636
If you have more feedback than just "we're using the full customization" or "no need for different customization per network", use whatever channel you like. (This post is fine, Facebook is fine, but you can also just use the support email or ticket system if you don't want to make your feedback public)

My Project:

PostPosted: June 26th, 2018, 5:56 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Important notice for all users still posting to Facebook personal profiles:
Starting on July 26th, Facebook will no longer allow posting content to personal profiles using third party applications.

You can still send your song info to your Fanpage or to a group that you are admin of, though.
Only personal profiles are off-limits.

The reasons for this change in the Facebook API are unknown as this wasn't publicly anounced (or at least I couldn't find any announcement).
It could either be just another SPAM countermeasure, but another likely reason might be that it has to do with the previously announced focus on user-generated content and the separation of personal friends from businesses and organizations.

Whatever the reason may be, if you're still using a personal profile to post your track lists, now is the time to switch to a Facebook Fanpage or a Facebook Group.

I'm sorry for the short notice, but I only accidentally stumbled upon this very hidden announcement in the Buffer Dashboard today.
They didn't send out an email (at least not to me) or posted anything about it on their social media accounts.

More info from Buffer.com: https://faq.buffer.com/article/985-publ ... pi-changes
And here's info from Facebook regarding when you should create a facebook page / what content is ok for personal profiles and fanpages:
https://www.facebook.com/help/201994686510247

My Project:

PostPosted: June 29th, 2018, 3:18 am 
Super User
Super User

Mastacheata wrote:
Important notice for all users still posting to Facebook personal profiles:
Starting on July 26th, Facebook will no longer allow posting content to personal profiles using third party applications.

Just a heads up, the eis awork around for this issue.
You can post the info to your twitter page. And as long as your Twitter account is connected to your Facebook personal profile, or will continue to count the ad will.
So send it to Twitter, amd Twitter will send it to Facebook.

Its now the 29th and my tracklists are still posting to my Facebook but this is because it's coming from Twitter.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2018, 3:23 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Yeah, as long as Facebook still keeps that around you should be safe as that is a native Facebook function.

My Project:

PostPosted: June 29th, 2018, 3:58 am 
Super User
Super User

Correct. And with that in mind, maybe Facebook will be looking into purchasing Twitter soon too l

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 712 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48