All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: ads/licensing
PostPosted: February 13th, 2014, 5:04 am 
Super User
Super User

dj001 wrote:
Any experience with this provider:
http://www.adswizz.com
I left two emails and two voicemails. No reply. I spoke with djcmedia, but they require you to use there very unproven streamhosting service (deal-killer for me). Any other GOOD ad services out there?

PostPosted: February 13th, 2014, 2:33 pm 
Senior User
Senior User

I'm telling ya man StreamLicensing is the way to go to be covered. It's really a breeze once you know what you can and cannot do and you have your site set up correctly. I know we've been PMing back and forth so I won't re-cover things here but will state, again, that emailing Marvin is your best bet as that is his company so he is best able to help.

PostPosted: February 13th, 2014, 2:42 pm 
Super User
Super User

dj001 wrote:
Any experience with this ADVERTISING provider:http://www.adswizz.com
Any other ADVERTISING ideas?

PostPosted: February 13th, 2014, 3:39 pm 
New User
New User

@dj001 StreamLicensing is indeed pulling data directly from the stream server. That is the data we need for license reports. Every listener who tunes in, no matter from what source, shows up on the stream server's data output so we see and obtain that data for each tunein. At some time in the future, the PRO's will very likely also start collecting royalties from third-party websites, but that is a future discussion. We all hope that when the PRO's do push that issue that they obtain those additional monies from the third-party and not from the small broadcaster. The foregoing is true whether your royalties and reports are handled by us at StreamLicensing.Com or if you handle them yourself directly with the PRO's (and pay the extra money and endure the extra hassle when doing it direct!)

Many say signing with StreamLicensing is a very easy process and the Tutorials are great. Others say they are bewildered by the process. Clearly your mileage may vary and is dependent on your experience and outlook on life I guess. We have good, solid customer support for those who need it so even if the process is bewildering, you can get help.

Regarding SoundExchange. If not already addressed, none of the PRO's aggregate for the other. Here in the United States, SoundExchange is collecting performance fees for the artists whose work is played on Internet Radio. BMI, ASCAP, SESAC are collecting for composers and lyricists of those works. The preceding is greatly simplified but may help forum readers understand why fees and reports are required by all for PRO's.

Finally, no we don't push advertising on your player pages which we host to meet copyright law. You are welcome to obtain your own advertising, whether banners, in-stream or whatever but we are not interrupting your stream with commercials or promos nor are we pasting banners on your pages.

Marvin
StreamLicensing.Com