Skip to Content
It is currently November 22nd, 2019, 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2018, 7:55 pm 
New User
New User

Sorry if such question was asked already - searched keywords, didn't find any post...
Also sorry, if it's not the right place to ask this - I'm a newbie...

We need some help in finding either a service or a software, that helps us to correct all music data for licensing report. We need to do that for PAST STREAM.

So we have find another software that help us to correct our music library (that is huge, considering perhaps another month work with it so...) so all future stream will have the corrected data. But we need help in correcting those were done already.

Can anybody please recommend any service and/or software that can do that trick for us with the actual .vcs file / list of songs in our previous stream?

I am not a programmer but I could have been... it doesn't seem like a difficult one to make, but it seems like a need for all of those who need to report for US licensing monthly..
So I'm quite surprised it's so difficult to find anything like that? been searching already for a while.
We wouldn't mind paying for such online service either. Our library is so huge, and we are too few to do it on our own. Would need it for about 2-3 months though.

Thank you

PostPosted: February 26th, 2018, 4:17 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

What do you mean by correct your data?
Is this just about reformatting for the reports or did you miss to properly set the metadata for your tracks?
As for reformatting, look at SAM Reporter (included with SAMBC).
As for automatically assigning metadata to tracks, look for an ID3 tag editor with CDDB/Gracenote/Musicbrainz connection. (There's about 200 of those, choose the one which suits you the most. I personally use TheGodFather because it's highly customizable and can do batch processing, but it's probably not the easiest tool out there)

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: March 1st, 2018, 6:39 pm 
New User
New User

Mastacheata wrote:
What do you mean by correct your data?
Is this just about reformatting for the reports or did you miss to properly set the metadata for your tracks?
As for reformatting, look at SAM Reporter (included with SAMBC).
As for automatically assigning metadata to tracks, look for an ID3 tag editor with CDDB/Gracenote/Musicbrainz connection. (There's about 200 of those, choose the one which suits you the most. I personally use TheGodFather because it's highly customizable and can do batch processing, but it's probably not the easiest tool out there)

Hi, yes that's what I mean.
We did not understand that it needs to be done in advance...
We use MusicBrainz, but the easiest and quickest way to do it is to search discographies - and we have tonnes of them. Maybe 2-3 months of work.

Yet the past/previous Track list didn't change when I took it again from SAMBC, even there were corrected details for music files in library, SAM kept the old. Is there a way, you say, to change setting for reporting in there? I will check it out. But what I've found till now was only to set the dates from which time I need to extract a file of certain Tracklist.

As it was none metadata corrected in January and we are going super slowly with correcting full library, as it is HUGE, we will most like not have even for March all data corrected just yet.

And what I could find so far were only possibilities to scan songs by songs - not changing any details (to fill in metadata) of January and February Tracklist details in an extractable list file.