Skip to Content
It is currently November 17th, 2019, 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 15th, 2019, 11:26 am 
New User
New User

Second Shifters hasn't broadcast for a few years, but we just got this email sadly:

Quote:
Hello Current and Former StreamLicensing Webcasters,

As you may have heard, StreamLicensing.com has shut down as of June 14, 2019 claiming their business was unsupportable due to problems with the business model. This includes their licensing, players, and all other services.

Due to "the legislative changes in music royalties, the business model became unsustainable [for StreamLicensing] and therefore expensive to defend against the Music Pro's," StreamLicensing states on their website.

StreamLicensing asks that all inquiries be sent via email to StreamLicensing@Yahoo.com, including questions about your account, refunds, and any other outstanding matters.

Moving forward, StreamLicensing is now directing all webcasters that need to acquire licensing and get back on the air to Live365. We are offering an exclusive special for StreamLicensing clients of 50% off their first month of Live365 Broadcaster services.

To take advantage of this offer, enter the coupon code "SLClosing" on the Live365 pricing page: https://live365.com/broadcaster/pricing/

We understand that this is shocking for many webcasters and poses a lot of challenges. With that said, here at Live365, we have a dedicated team of Product Consultants ready to help webcasters switch their stations over to the Live365 licensing services. Our contact information is as follows:

Schedule a Call

1-844-Live365

Sales@Live365.com

In addition to Licensing Services, Live365 provides:

A Full Station Management Platform with a Suite of Broadcasting Tools
Access to a Large Distribution Network including Alexa and Mobile App listings
Monetization Options for Stations
And much more!

For more information about the closure, see the StreamLicensing home page.

As stated, we understand how difficult this will be for many webcasters, so we will be right along with you to make this as smooth a transition as possible. If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at Sales@Live365.com.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,

The Live365 Team

For any broadcasters still streaming, are there any options left for licensing in the U.S., aside from Live365 (which really doesn't seem very affordable, especially if you don't want their ads inserted over your stream)?

PostPosted: June 16th, 2019, 5:58 am 
Super User
Super User

I'd like to replace them with an equal $39 deal that covers my stream's 50 different directory listings. I don't really have any need to pay a directory like live365 to be listed. Just the licensing.

Where do I go?

PostPosted: June 16th, 2019, 6:47 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Sadly this is an end to US based broadcasters as there is no company offering "blanket" licensing agreements now that StreamLicening is gone. This was a long time coming but the PRO's have finally got rid them as they concentrate on the large streaming companies.

PostPosted: June 16th, 2019, 12:54 pm 
Super User
Super User

you can pay live365 2x what you pay streamlicensing.

PostPosted: June 16th, 2019, 5:21 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

I ended up moving over to Live365. It was either that or pay outrageous pricing to each individual company out there for the licensing.
I just figured paying 60 bucks a month, is a bit cheaper than paying way out there pricing for my little station. It was either that or shut down completely.

http://www.crossfire-radio.com

PostPosted: June 16th, 2019, 5:52 pm 
Super User
Super User

Does $60 cover all listings? I'm in 50 directories like TuneIn, Radio Tuner, etc.

PostPosted: June 16th, 2019, 8:42 pm 
New User
New User

dj001 wrote:
Does $60 cover all listings? I'm in 50 directories like TuneIn, Radio Tuner, etc.

The $59/month package would cover people listening through Live365, from a broadcast that uses their platform (with their ads inserted). It's not a standard Shoutcast/Icecast based system, unless things have dramatically changed since the last time I looked at them. Correction: It's a proprietary Icecast2 based system, instead of your own managed server.

More importantly, $59/month covers only 1,500 TLH, which is an average of 2 listeners at a time. Their highest package is 7,000 TLH, which is an average of 9-10 listeners at a time for the month. That package is $199/month, or $274 if you don't have Live365 advertising inserted.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2019, 7:59 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

My company is trying to start up a new venture to take over from Stream Licensing left off.

Are there any Stream Hosts or investors that are interested ?

I don't have the resources to accomplish this without help and / or funding.

Anybody want to help out ? Seems a shame that you seem 'forced' to sign up with Live365 instead of continuing with SHOUTcast.

- http://www.AlternativeHD.com
- http://www.lahotcountry.com

PostPosted: June 18th, 2019, 10:09 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

countrywesterndj wrote:
My company is trying to start up a new venture to take over from Stream Licensing left off.

Anybody want to help out ? Seems a shame that you seem 'forced' to sign up with Live365 instead of continuing with SHOUTcast.
Consider a crowdsource funding option. GoFundMe etc. I would donate towards the cause.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2019, 12:11 pm 
Super User
Super User

countrywesterndj wrote:

Ride 'em, cowboy! Round up all them licensing PROgies!

PostPosted: June 20th, 2019, 3:16 am 
Super User
Super User

SHOUTcast Tech Support suggested PRONETLicensing https://is.gd/cdJWYi. Their rates are 3X Streamlicensing's. Given that ASCAP is now trying to stomp all webcasters into extinction, I suggest you ask ASCAP if they have a firm signed deal with Pronet.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2019, 8:06 pm 
New User
New User

dj001 wrote:
SHOUTcast Tech Support suggested PRONETLicensing https://is.gd/cdJWYi. Their rates are 3X Streamlicensing's. Given that ASCAP is now trying to stomp all webcasters into extinction, I suggest you ask ASCAP if they have a firm signed deal with Pronet.

Sadly, I've been clicking through random stations in their station directory, and I haven't managed to find a single one yet that's actually launching their stream from the ProNet site itself the way it's required to be. That doesn't bode well for ProNet being able to stick around too long if it keeps up, just from past experience.