Skip to Content
It is currently July 19th, 2018, 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 14th, 2018, 12:21 pm 
Senior User
Senior User

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I had problems trying to pigeon hole this one. I'm wondering if there is any Android music players / apps that have the same mixing capabilities and audio expansion options like SAM Broadcaster. In essence they may be an opening here for spacial to create an android player with the "Crossfade" and "AGC" modules that are in Sam. Just to emphasise, we are talking about just a stand alone player, rather then a stream broadcaster.

I currently use Foobar on my mobile (cellphone in american language), and though a great player, its fades are terrible. One cannot turn the fades off at the start of the tracks, so every song that comes on fades in which plainly sucks. I've also noticed it doesn't seem to mix the songs well, as in timing. One track finishes as the other fades in, but one can hear during the crossfade that only one track is playing at once, rather then the end of one song, and the start of another playing at the same time as in what happens SAM BC.

Maybe if making such a full on app is too much of a project, possibly someone could at least adapt the "crossfade" and "AGC" modules as DSP plug ins for Foobar. This would be something I would love to see, and would gladly pay for it if it's done exactly like it works in SAM.

Now broadcasting limited test hours
From 12:00 midday to 12:00 midnight Australian Eastern Time

PostPosted: May 14th, 2018, 1:39 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

The AGC is a third party module that's also available as a standard Winamp DSP plugin.
You're better off asking in an Android/iPhone forum for something like that. The strength of Spacial isn't in audio processing, but in streaming and having an all-in-one solution.

This is a far stretch to be on-topic.

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: May 14th, 2018, 7:57 pm 
Senior User
Senior User

Mastacheata wrote:
This is a far stretch to be on-topic.

As noted, I had no idea where to post this, but anyway thanks for the pointers, I didn't know the AGC module was a third party plugin. Looking over the internet last night didn't reveal much despite my searches through the foobar, and hydrogen audio forums.

Now broadcasting limited test hours
From 12:00 midday to 12:00 midnight Australian Eastern Time

PostPosted: May 15th, 2018, 5:44 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

It's even mentioned on the old Wiki:
http://support.spacialaudio.com/wiki/AGC

The original AGC module is called SoundSolution 1.0 by SoundSolution, but their website is no longer there. (There is another website at the same URL, though)
Some time later there was a successor to that module called XAP which you can still buy for only 119 EUR / USD 130.94 (no VAT applies when you're outside the EU)

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode