Skip to Content
It is currently December 15th, 2019, 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Live Streaming Urls
PostPosted: August 15th, 2015, 5:33 am 
New User
New User

First of all, I love and appreciate all of the updates Sam Vibe is making. Thank you!

The one thing I cannot understand is....if a church wanted to transmit their audio to us to go live, I cannot figure out how to do this. I dont know what to tell them to do that will work. I could tell them to broadcast their stream to a platform like Livestream... but even if they did that, if I took the url from livestream and placed it into Sam Broadcaster, it will not work, correct? Sam Broadcaster seems to be very selective when it comes to urls.

Plus there is another broadcast we're trying to stream live from another station and the urls they send me...no matter the format, will not work in Sam Broadcaster.

Any thoughts on how to solve this?

Post subject: Re: Live Streaming Urls
PostPosted: August 15th, 2015, 7:00 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

With SAM Vibe you can simply give them access to your Live streaming license of SAM Broadcaster...

Web streams are known to have problems in SAM. In general, every format supported for local files is supported for web streams as well. But the problem with web streams is with delays/hiccups in the stream. Most "normal" players keep a buffer of a few seconds and use that to make up for problems. SAM Broadcaster can not do that as it has to send a continuous stream to the server.

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: August 18th, 2015, 8:00 pm 
New User
New User

Mastacheata, thanks for responding. So you're saying if I wanted a school or a church hundreds of miles away to broadcast their program live, I would have to get them a version of Sam Broadcaster, let them use my license, and stream that way?

There's no way to get them to go to Livestream or Youtube, and then we access their stream from that? Or is there a way I can tell them to get on Skype and somehow stream that phone line into the broadcast so SamVibe can pick it up?

Also, there are stations that all broadcast a certain program on Sunday nights LIVE...except us because I cant figure this out. Ive asked stations to send me their direct stream urls, and they did... but none worked.

So Im trying to figure out how to stream a station and another local ministry like a church or a school live.

Thanks again for helping.

PostPosted: August 19th, 2015, 3:10 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

It is perfectly possible to play streams if the format is supported by SAM (i.e. MP3, WAV, OGG and as of 2014.6 even AAC+).
However due to the nature of HTTP streaming, any minimal lags in the incoming stream will have devastating effects on your very own output.
Even lags you wouldn't normally notice in your typical winamp or similar will cause SAM to fail, because SAM does not employ any caching and "listening-in-advance" on streams (because it forwards the input directly to your very own stream server in real time)

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode