Skip to Content
It is currently December 12th, 2019, 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 29th, 2018, 4:05 am 
New User
New User

Hello,

we are including samcloud stream on our page via <audio src="..."> tag. We are getting shoutcast compatible stream url https://samcloud.spacial.com/api/listen ... x,any&m=sc. It redirects to current stream url http://xxx.live.streamtheworld.com/SP_Rxxxxx_SC which looks is changing time to time. So after some period of not playing when user trying to start music it gets silence because of actual streaming url was changed. It happens only on android chrome browser. Probably on desktop <audio> is more smart and trying to reload stream.
So to defeat this issue I'm trying manually to get new actual stream url and set it to audio src.
So the question is: what is time period of changing streaming url in case of inactivity when nobody is listening?

*UPD* Fixed <media> to <audio> in the topic title

Last edited by radiokids on April 1st, 2018, 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2018, 7:18 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

You're not supposed to open the site and enter the redirect target URL into your audio player, but the original URL.
HTML5 Audio will follow redirects on it's own.

This is a very minimal HTML5 Audio page proven to work with my SAM Cloud AAC+ (HEAACv1 128kbps, 44.1 kHz, Stereo) stream in Firefox.
Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<audio controls>
  <source src="https://samcloud.spacial.com/api/listen?sid=42879&rid=155385&f=aac,any&br=128000,any&m=sc" type="audio/aacp">
Your browser does not support the audio element.
</audio>

</body>
</html>

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: April 1st, 2018, 2:31 pm 
New User
New User

Mastacheata wrote:
You're not supposed to open the site and enter the redirect target URL into your audio player, but the original URL.
HTML5 Audio will follow redirects on it's own.

Thanks for the answer. I use to do this exact way before I faced the issue in Android Chrome. It's playing if I push play button right after my page loaded. But if I push it in some period of time then it's not playing. Hence I assumed the reason is that original stream url is getting outdated.

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2018, 6:39 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

The SAMCloud API URL isn't supposed to change, the behind the scenes URL where you're redirected to, can definitely change, but that shouldn't be a problem for the browser.
HTML5 Audio support is still a bit shaky in all browsers and depends on so many variables.
To find out what the exact problem in this case is and how to eventually get around it, I suppose to ask this question (including a demo html page, the full stream URL and the exact browser version you're using) on a more technology/programming specialized platform like StackOverflow.com or on the Google Chrome Product forums (https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/chrome)

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode