Skip to Content
It is currently November 21st, 2019, 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 29th, 2018, 4:09 am 
New User
New User

1. We have a series of radio programs. They are put in some playlist now and have different lengths. How to make them playing each one per day in same order they are added to playlist in some specific time?
Now we are using scheduled event 'clear query' + 'pick track playlist least recently played' . But this looks to me a bit hacky. Probably there is some more elegant way?
2. Also can't figure out what is the difference between Random and LastRecentlyPlayed sorting logic?
3. And what happens when I set 'No Rules' for playblock?

PostPosted: March 30th, 2018, 6:43 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

1. If you have 5 or less items per Playlist you can assign different weights and use weighted rotation logic.
Otherwise in SAM Cloud you're limited to the by date played logic.
For that to work, you'll have to trigger playing each track at least once and in the order in which you want them played.
Just adding them doesn't necessarily change the date_played field.

2. Random is random, LastRecentlyPlayed is actually LEastRecentlyPlayed and will select tracks in the reverse order they were played. That way the track that has the longest time of NOT being played on your station is selected next (if it doesn't violate the repeat rules)

3. NoRules -> Ignore the Repeat rules. The tracks will still be selected as per your rotation logic, but you can now play 2 tracks from the same artist,album,title back to back if that happens to be selected by your rotation logic.

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: April 1st, 2018, 2:50 pm 
New User
New User

Mastacheata wrote:
For that to work, you'll have to trigger playing each track at least once and in the order in which you want them played.

Mastacheata,

can I do it manually by clicking 'Play current file' in playlist window or it must be played directly on station for instance from queue?

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2018, 6:48 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

That doesn't matter.
SAM Cloud (and SAM Pro works the same way) has a timestamp field in every track where it writes when the track was played the last time.
It does not track how that play was triggered or how long the track was played. As soon as it starts to go live the timestamp field gets updated with the current time and date. If you start all tracks from one category with 1 second playtime each, you can get all the tracks from that category in the same order using leastrecentlyplayed logic.

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode