Skip to Content
It is currently December 9th, 2019, 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 21st, 2013, 4:21 am 
New User
New User

Hello to all!
I just purchased SAM CAST PLUS and i really don't understand how it works...i have been wasting my time
on how getting to open the encoders??? But it brings to 2 options ??? I mean hey i purchased this for 100$
don't tell me we have to buy a stream and no other stream will work other then cheapstream or spacialnet?
I have been fooled then i want a refund then...! This is not nice it is not written no where that it works
only on your streams! WOW what a hook...i will get refund this is ridiculous.
I am very deceived...
L-A

PostPosted: February 21st, 2013, 5:42 am 
Junior User
Junior User

it seems you have indeed purchased the wrong version. You need Pro or Studio version of Sam Cast to stream to your own choice of server.
try contacting support to see if you cant upgrade to the version you require.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2013, 6:19 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

If you bought SAM CAST, you bought the completely wrong software. SAM Cast is a standalone encoder for use with Winamp or some other playback software.
You are probably talking about SAM Broadcaster Plus though, which is the premium version of SAM Broadcaster Lite.
SAM Broadcaster Lite and SAM Broadcaster Plus can be used with SpacialNet or Cheapeststream subscription, BUT NOT with any other generic Streamhost.
If you have your own Shoutcast Server or Stream hosting from a company that is NOT a subsidiary of Spacial, you need to buy the SAM Broadcaster PRO version. This is clearly stated on the Features page. (Shoutcast and Windows Media via SpacialNet ONLY!)

SAM Broadcaster Pro allows you to broadcast through your own stream online. If you want to broadcast terrestrial signals as well, you need th SAM Broadcaster Studio version.
Spacial gives you a demo version of the software for free, so you can try out if the software suits your needs BEFORE YOU pay any money as they don't offer a refund policy!
You should get in touch with Support via the Help Desk immediately. We cannot guarantee anything, but as you are not the first person to mistake the cheaper Plus version bundle for the full-featured SAM Broadcaster, I guess they will allow you to upgrade by paying only the differnce. A full refund is unlikely though.

You can create a ticket over here:
http://support.spacial.com/home

Also: I don't see any SAM Broadcaster version being sold for only 100$ on the Spacial Homepage. The Uprgade from SAM Broadcaster PRO 4 to SAM Broadcaster PRO 2013 was 99$, but any retail version of SAM Broadcaster starts at 149$ for the SAM Broadcaster PLUS version or 299$ for the SAM Broadcaster PRO!

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: February 21st, 2013, 8:17 am 
Junior User
Junior User

Sam Cast Plus is for live streaming only and is $99 so like i said has bought the wrong software.Sam Cast Pro (ver3.4.6)will allow you to "Live Stream" to your own shoutcast server which is the version i use for my live shows.The full version of Sam Broadcaster is for creating your own radio station.

louisamik wrote:
Hello to all!
I just purchased SAM CAST PLUS and i really don't understand how it works...i have been wasting my time
on how getting to open the encoders??? But it brings to 2 options ??? I mean hey i purchased this for 100$
don't tell me we have to buy a stream and no other stream will work other then cheapstream or spacialnet?
I have been fooled then i want a refund then...! This is not nice it is not written no where that it works
only on your streams! WOW what a hook...i will get refund this is ridiculous.
I am very deceived...
L-A

PostPosted: February 21st, 2013, 10:09 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Oh hell, when did they introduce the different editions for SAM Cast as well.
As if it wasn't enough to name the products so ambigious or make the hint on the coupling with CheapestStream/Spacialnet just a mouseover text and 2 small brackets.
In my eyes this is a complete marketing fail.

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:

PostPosted: February 21st, 2013, 10:28 am 
Junior User
Junior User

http://spacial.com/sam-cast

scroll down the page to compare all 3 versions of sam cast.

confusion is understandable now there are so many variances of the products and i guess a new customer excited to purchase what they think is the right product for them without fully reading all features/options will easily make a mistake.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2013, 10:58 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Yep, I've seen that as well after you said it. Just didn't know it when I first replied here. I was sure that this was a mistake by the original poster mixing up SAM Broadcaster and SAM Cast (that happens a lot).

My Project: