Skip to Content
It is currently November 15th, 2019, 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 14th, 2014, 10:09 pm 
New User
New User

I finally had to shut it down because it sounded so choppy. Conversations made very little sense due to many dropouts.
--------------------------------------------
I am running Windows 7
1.5 G RAM
2.4G Processor
500 G HDD
SAMCast 2013
SimpleCast (which NEVER saves my data when I reboot-Always have to reenter info)
This is a new server install (brand new server located at my home)

Can anyone give us a couple of suggestions, please? I have been searching the SAM Forums for HOURS now with no luck and we have been offline for a couple of days now and we have several hundred listeners - or, might still have. HELP!

PostPosted: January 17th, 2014, 6:45 pm 
New User
New User

Would the Data Packets settings under "CONFIG" and "MIXER" have anything to do with the skipping or dropping data on the stream?
One thing we DID figure out.... Simple Cast is our streaming engine and when we installed it we entered all the correct info. It said we were ready to go. But when we had to shut down for a reboot, we would have to reenter the data for Simple Cast all over again. As it turns out, Simple Cast was never officially registered. We are attempting to retrieve the info for S.C. to see if maybe THAT will fix our choppy audio issue. In the mean time, any suggestions are desperately appreciated. (Please tell me that this was the correct post to add to.)
Mark

PostPosted: January 17th, 2014, 8:54 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

If you get any help from outside the official support channel, this is about the only spot where you might get it.
However, keep in mind that Simplecast / SAM Cast only caters a very small number of broadcasters and most people will only come here seeeking for advice with major problems. Whereas the majority of the Spacial customers uses SAM Broadcaster and many of these people will register in the forums for PAL or Web help and are more likely to return even if the main functionality of the software is fine for them or when they finally fixed a problem. (Especially the last part is unlikely for SAM Cast users. Most of them register, report a problem, get it fixed (or not) and never return.)

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: January 18th, 2014, 12:18 pm 
New User
New User

Well, when I am an active user of a product I am a very present fixture. This is no exception. Bad sounding audio (in my never to be opinion) might as well be off the air!

PostPosted: January 18th, 2014, 12:20 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Of course there are exceptions to every rule. I'm not running any radio station since at least 2 years anymore and am still visiting the Spacial forums nearly every day.

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode