Skip to Content
It is currently November 22nd, 2019, 2:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 25th, 2017, 7:52 pm 
New User
New User

Hi - I use the SamCast encoder and the File Poller utility to access a txt file spit out by my automation software. Everything was working fine but I had a PC crash which required me to set up my streams on a different PC. I am using the exact same set up as before but now my Title and Artist info no longer displays on Shoutcast. And Shoutcast is where I pull the info from to display Title and Artist on my website. I do see the Title and Artist on SamCast just as I did before which is why they sent me here. Any ideas?

PostPosted: January 27th, 2017, 8:52 pm 
New User
New User

I will also mention that the new laptop is Windows 10 and the old one was Windows 7.

PostPosted: January 31st, 2017, 4:26 pm 
New User
New User

Not sure if this will help. My software tech's spent over 4 hours working with Sams version 4.9.0.
Main computer with Sams running through a mixer,to a 2nd computer feeding the server. We could never
get Sams to send meta data to the server. Our conclusion was this version was intended for single computer
operation to the server only. I might add these guys write software for a living. We even shut down the firewall
and couldn't get meta data to go up on the server.

PostPosted: February 5th, 2017, 2:39 pm 
New User
New User

My studio setup is as follows. Computer one feeding the input of the mixer output to computer two
feeding the server with Samcaster as the encoder. I'm not getting Meta Data to the server.
Should I run a USB cable from one to two and will that feed metadata? No problems with audio.