Skip to Content
It is currently December 6th, 2019, 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: November 28th, 2019, 4:14 am 
Senior User
Senior User

In the window "Request Policy", there is a text box where I should put the IP of the calling server.
it works fine.

But if instead I put domains OR IP Classes, it doesn't work at all
For instance:
89.46.109.192 works
89.46.109.0/24 it doesn't

because the calling server is into a provider's shared server, managed by loadbalancers, sometimes the IP is different, so that

instead of 89.46.109.192 it can be 89.46.109.168 or also 89.46.109.42

Is there any way to declare classes into SAM?

PostPosted: November 29th, 2019, 4:44 am 
Senior User
Senior User

up?

PostPosted: November 29th, 2019, 7:19 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Ip-Subnets (Classes are A,B and C) are not allowed in the request policy box.
Hostnames should be fine, too. I'm not sure how/when SAM will convert those to IP addresses, though. At least they put the request.audiorealm.com hostname in there by default and explicitly mention hostnames in the help file as well.

Quote:
Configuration Interface - New with SAM3

Request Policy

Two major changes:

IP address list can now also accept DNS entries like www.audiorealm.com, etc. (Do NOT put an HTTP:// in front of name!)
"Leave request in list" is now a very good option, since you can now choose when to insert requests via the Clockwheel or PAL scripts.
See sam.requests.txt document for details

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: November 29th, 2019, 9:33 am 
Senior User
Senior User

Mastacheata wrote:
Ip-Subnets (Classes are A,B and C) are not allowed in the request policy box.
Hostnames should be fine, too. I'm not sure how/when SAM will convert those to IP addresses, though. At least they put the request.audiorealm.com hostname in there by default and explicitly mention hostnames in the help file as well.

Quote:
Configuration Interface - New with SAM3

Request Policy

Two major changes:

IP address list can now also accept DNS entries like http://www.audiorealm.com, etc. (Do NOT put an HTTP:// in front of name!)
"Leave request in list" is now a very good option, since you can now choose when to insert requests via the Clockwheel or PAL scripts.
See sam.requests.txt document for details

It's a pity in 2019 almost 2020 ... I should ask to the provider all the possible IPs ... if ever they will tell me ...

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2019, 8:28 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Quote:

It's a pity in 2019 almost 2020 ... I should ask to the provider all the possible IPs ... if ever they will tell me ...
Using DNS name should address that, I've used shared hosting for years without issue.

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2019, 8:46 am 
Senior User
Senior User

DJ Cassio wrote:
Quote:

Using DNS name should address that, I've used shared hosting for years without issue.

It doesn't really work, because while the site is reachable calling the URL, the calls FROM the shared servers, are from different IPs not on any DNS.
This is how my provider works.

Thus... the On Demands, are calling a PHP file on the shared server, that's calling SAM using another IP which is internally assigned through load balancers.
This is what my provider told me throudh a ticket I did open on purpose.

So, if I put www.radioitaliainternational.com on SAM, the assigned IP on that domain, is different than the one is PHP script using to callback.

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2019, 6:55 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

You can look up the IP addresses assigned to your hosting company via your local Internet Registry (RIPE for Europe, APNIC for Asia-Pacific, LACNIC for Latin America and the Carribean, AfriNIC for Africa, ARIN for North America)

If you know one address you can usually find the other subnets from there. Just be warned, usually small and medium sized ISPs don't have consecutive numbers for their IP subnets due to being late to the party and IPv4 address space being completely allocated by now with no more addresses remaining.

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2019, 10:06 am 
Senior User
Senior User

Mastacheata wrote:
You can look up the IP addresses assigned to your hosting company via your local Internet Registry (RIPE for Europe, APNIC for Asia-Pacific, LACNIC for Latin America and the Carribean, AfriNIC for Africa, ARIN for North America)

If you know one address you can usually find the other subnets from there. Just be warned, usually small and medium sized ISPs don't have consecutive numbers for their IP subnets due to being late to the party and IPv4 address space being completely allocated by now with no more addresses remaining.

I think I should fill in the whole IP table of SAM
inetnum: 89.46.104.0 - 89.46.111.255