Skip to Content
It is currently November 25th, 2014, 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: November 23rd, 2007, 10:33 pm 
New User
New User

If you are wanting to setup your SAM Broadcast to broadcast sounds from Skype with out all this software and all this crazy programs and stuff. So you can make phone calls and do live phone calls this is a way I found how to do it.

I dont think this is the 100% best way to do it but it does work and it is what I use to do my phone calls or w/e is needed.

All you need is the following:

- SAM Broadcaster
- Soundcard

First Step:

You want to open your so Master Volume Panel ( double click your speaker in the lower right corner).

Once this is open Options > Properties

Mixer Device should be set on your sound card that you are using for Skype

Now click on the Recording Circle underneath PlayBack.

Make sure you have all of the boxes check underneath Show the following volume controls:

Click OK.

Now select Stereo Mono. DO NOT turn up the volume on it or it will become nasty sounding. So make it a little above the last notch. Then close out of the Recording Control's.

Second Step:

Time to open up Skye.

Go to Tools > Options > Audio Settings

For you microphone use your USB Microphone as the microphone for Skype. Make sure you don't have "Let Skype adjust my audio settings" clicked if so unclick it.

Under Speaker settings make sure you have selected the soundcard you did edited in the First Step.

Now click save.

Third Step:

Open up SAM and go to the Queue box right click and hit

Add > Add Mic / Linein

Under recording device keep it as DirectSound recorder

Now for Recording Soundcard Device select the soundcard you edited in the Master Volume.

You can change the Display to w/e you want it to broadcast when people see your station.

Now click ok

Add the Live Recording to either Deck A or B

Now mute your entire SAM at the top next to the play button and auto dj button

Click on the play button that has the live recording in it and it should be broadcasting all the sound from your computer.

Go and click on Voice FX on SAM and click on Config

Make sure you have the USB microphone that you are using set in the "Record soundcard device"

Click ok

Lock your mic.

Now people should be able to hear the sounds coming out of your computer which is the people on Skype and they can hear you talking because you have your microphone locked on the SAM board.

You may have to mess around with your settings a little bit to get some of the echoing off of it.

This will also work for any other programs you want to broadcast on the live air as in DJ software and many others just make sure you have it set so it plays out the speakers

Like I said this isnt the best way but it is one way to do it

Thanks,
- Caleb

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2007, 10:45 am 
Alumni
Alumni

Yes, this option does work but they do hear themselves when they talk. I am working on a solution that will allow them to hear the mic but nothing else. Using a Virtual Audio Cable, just 1, and the Aux 1 box will allow them to talk on your station and you can talk on your microphone without issue. I'm going to go more in depth in the coming days.

Thanks!

Proud SAM Broadcaster user and beta tester since 1999!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2007, 10:48 am 
Senior User
Senior User

Chris_Kewl wrote:
I'm going to go more in depth in the coming days.

Thanks!

I'll be looking forward to that! I have yet to find a "real" solution to make this work.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2007, 8:14 am 
New User
New User

hi, i am having trouble opening add mic/line in. it does not open when i click on it, is there a resolution?? i am using vista :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2007, 2:35 pm 
Alumni
Alumni

Well, the solution with Virtual Audio Cables that I came across is straightforward and works.

First, get the Virtual Audio Cables (VAC) from http://nrcde.ru/music/software/eng/vac.html -- If this solution works, then purchase.

Second, open the VAC control panel up and create 1 cable. Just 1 is fine. Leave the defaults, it should be fine.

Third, Configure your Skype for the Audio Out (not microphone) for the Virtual Audio Cable 1. Leave your input as microphone.

Forth, In SAM, make sure your Encoders is on the blue button. Then in Desktop A click on the down arrow next to the + and select Mic/Line-In. Choose Virtual Audio Cable 1. This will allow you to listen to the Skype inside SAM. Tinker with the packets and then put it in any Deck, I prefer Aux 1.

Fifth, and final, In SAM enable your microphone and push to talk. Sure, they can hear you when you don't do this, but you're listeners can't.

Tada, they can hear you and you can hear them and it goes out on the air. No repeaters, no messy setup. Simple as can be.

EDIT: I am not sure on how to fix this for Vista but it works great in everything else.

Proud SAM Broadcaster user and beta tester since 1999!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2007, 7:38 pm 
Senior User
Senior User

That sounds almost to easy, Chris. Thank you so much for this update. I will try that. Obviously, everyone should know that the Gap Killer should be disabled when using this. :)

Thanks again,

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2007, 12:22 pm 
Senior User
Senior User

Chris_Kewl wrote:
Then in Desktop A click on the down arrow next to the + and select Mic/Line-In. Choose Virtual Audio Cable 1. This will allow you to listen to the Skype inside SAM. Tinker with the packets and then put it in any Deck, I prefer Aux 1.

Hi Chris,

Having had too many problems with Voice FX in Vista with SAM 3.5, I had to go back to SAM 2.8.3 (which works flawlessly with Vista)... Are the instructions slightly different, or better, have you had a chance to test this? I seem to be stuck at the quoted point up there.

Thanks a bunch!

Mike

Post subject: CONFUSED
PostPosted: March 21st, 2008, 8:51 pm 
New User
New User

Hi i got the virtual cable thing and i have got it but i am confused when it comes to the skype thing i tried the steps but i have no sound broadcasted and no one can hear me can you say it again in more simplified way

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2008, 1:19 pm 
New User
New User

Quote:
Yes, this option does work but they do hear themselves when they talk. I am working on a solution that will allow them to hear the mic but nothing else. Using a Virtual Audio Cable, just 1, and the Aux 1 box will allow them to talk on your station and you can talk on your microphone without issue. I'm going to go more in depth in the coming days.

If you have two sound cards it`s not a problem. And VAC good decision, but I did not find easy way to mix different sound cards.

PostPosted: June 11th, 2008, 6:59 pm 
New User
New User

Chris,
That solution is exactly what I am looking for. Only one issue when doing so. When I go to select the mic / line in, nothing pops up, but I found on my encoder window in Desktop B I have the following error each time I choose Mic / Line in:

Unhandled exception (access violation at address 0070B3D in module 'SAMBC.exe'. Read of Address 000000B4)

Any idea?

Orion

PostPosted: July 5th, 2008, 9:08 am 
New User
New User

For all that are on vista and having problems with SAM and the Mic/Line-In view my post about it.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=24419

This fixed the CORE error that kept blocking it from opening!

Dj ZinX

PostPosted: October 15th, 2008, 11:31 am 
Junior User
Junior User

This is very simple. Why don't you all just hit the red button under encoders (Start Recording From Soundcard), and wahlah! You are set. It will broadcast anything coming from your computer. This is especially a plus for talk-show broadcasters because they could just simply leave this set. I have a show every day and I keep it like this and it works like a charm.

Listeners can hear everything! Of course I have a whole board though, so that might be the difference, but I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work with others.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Jason F. aka JJ the DJ
Jersey's Classic Rock - Owner

PostPosted: August 9th, 2009, 10:56 pm 
Junior User
Junior User

hello,

i tried the VAC method and would not recommend it unless u know what u r doing.

i installed vac, left defaults, set as output in skype.

instructions from this point did not match my set up so i bailed at this point and uninstalled and line in not working now on soundcard in skype or sam - even though i am selecting the correct sound card.

will update if i find a solution, but vac just seems to have reconfigured things...

edit: seems to have righted itself now, through welcome screen test in skype...

PostPosted: October 19th, 2010, 2:11 pm 
New User
New User

Answer is here: http://www.spacialaudio.com/uploads/spa ... 8-2010.pdf

PostPosted: October 19th, 2010, 5:34 pm 
Cygnus X-1
Cygnus X-1

Holy thread resurrection Batman!
Thanks for the update; leaving one reply open.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]