As you know this is a volunteer forum. It's users helping users. The SVS Team members are only too glad to assist but we can't help you if we have to guess at the problem you are having and the circumstances under which you are having it.
Remember, this is where you ask "the HARD questions." We presume you've read the help files, checked the knowledge base, and searched the forums
before asking a question. There may already be an answer; if there is, or if your question involves basic functionality, we may well point you to these resources. We're not being rude: it's just a normal part of the process.
There are many versions of SAM in operation out there in different configurations, using different databases, etc. It's important that we know as much as possible about YOUR particular configuration. When you present an issue in these forums, start with some basic information
. If you provide the answers to these questions as part of the initial presentation it may expedite a solution. The more you can tell us about your setup the better.
* Which version of SAM are you using? (N.x.x)
* Which database? Version? Is your database running as an application or a service?
* Which operating system? Service pack?
* Are you running everything on one machine or are some components remote?
* Are you running other programs on your SAM machine?
* If a web question, are you using the HTML or PHP web?
* If a sound quality or configuration issue, what type of sound card?
* If a "communication problem" tell us as much as you can about your network and connection. Cable? DSL? T1? Routers? Proxies? Who is your streaming host?
I think you get the idea. The more we know up front the more likely it is you can be provided a solution.
And that's all I got to say about that.