Skip to Content
It is currently July 15th, 2020, 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Windows 10
PostPosted: July 29th, 2015, 6:47 pm 
New User
New User

Hey Y'all

Just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and SAM will not open now. And ideas?

Post subject: Re: Windows 10
PostPosted: July 29th, 2015, 6:52 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

What version of SAM?

PostPosted: July 29th, 2015, 6:54 pm 
New User
New User

Will have to check tomorrow

PostPosted: July 30th, 2015, 1:12 am 
New User
New User

It's 4.9.7

PostPosted: July 30th, 2015, 8:07 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Steevi wrote:
It's 4.9.7

Absolutely will not work with Windows 10 or Windows 8 for that matter. You need to upgrade to SAM 2015.x to run under Windows 10/8.

PostPosted: August 5th, 2015, 4:44 am 
New User
New User

Hi,

SAM Broadcaster v4.x software reached the end of its product lifespan in December 2012. You can of course continue to use this license on all of the Windows operating systems previously listed as being compatible with SAM Broadcaster v4.x however, SAM Broadcaster v4.x is not Windows 8 nor Windows 8.1 compatible. In 2013 we released SAM Broadcaster 2013 which is Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 compatible, and we have also incorporated a large number of great new features in this version of SAM Broadcaster.

We have released SAM Broadcaster 2015 which includes our redesigned DJ Seat system SAM Broadcaster Live-DJ. SAM Broadcaster 2015 includes all of the great, professional features you might be familiar with from SAM Broadcaster v4.x but some of these additional new features included:

-Windows 8 Compatibility
-FLAC file playback support
-SAM VIBE Integration
-Upgraded LAME Encoder
-Processor affinity limitations removed for better multi-core processor performance

Apart from the great new features found in SAM Broadcaster 2015, this will also include a 12-month subscription for all product updates as well as enhanced technical support which consists of Helpdesk ticketing support, outbound telephone support (we call you) and remote assistance.

If this is not enough, each active subscription also includes a 12-month Live Subscription which provides a Station Manager with the ability to have up to 5 additional DJs broadcasting through their station with the latest version of SAM Broadcaster, SAM Broadcaster Live-DJ which has been designed to safeguard a Station Manager’s financial investment by only allowing your licensed DJs to stream to your station. Gone are the days when a Station Manager provided a DJ Seat license to a DJ for a 1 hour weekly show, whilst the DJ used this same license to stream to a multitude of other stations. With SAM Broadcaster Live-DJ, a DJ can only stream to the stations licensed by the Station Manager.

This security is provided by streaming through an included SAM VIBE station which apart from the 5 additional DJ licenses, also includes 30GB of Cloud storage, 40 listener slots and 2 external relays which ensure the station can continue to stream through any new or existing SHOUTcast v1 or Icecast v2 streaming service.

Even if you currently have no additional DJs broadcasting with your station, SAM VIBE can also be used as a failover backup which will stream your pre-scheduled programming should you experience any hardware or connection problems. SAM VIBE is also a powerful yet flexible Radio Automation Solution for the times you cannot broadcast when otherwise, your station might be dark.

For 1 week only, we are offering you a 10% discount to upgrade to the latest SAM Broadcaster v2015.2. This special runs from 4th to 11th August 2015. To receive the discount, simply visit the Products page within your userzone, click on the upgrade link and make your payment in the shopping cart. The shopping cart will automatically reflect the 10% discounted amount. Version 4 users, this is your last chance to upgrade at this great price. The upgrade price will be $107.10 instead on $119.

Please let me know if you feel this is something that might interest you or if you have any additional questions?

You can also email me at laura@spacialaudio.com.

PostPosted: September 5th, 2015, 6:54 pm 
New User
New User

This really bites! I paid for a lifetime license but that really isn't an accurate description now is it? Now if I end up with Windows 10 I'll be forced to either purchase another expensive SAM license (which by the way they use to accept monthly payments for, but no longer do) or I'll be forced to stop being a DJ, which isn't what I want! I was only able to afford the license I have, because they let me make 5 or 6 payments, but now not only do they not seem to care about those of us who can't come up with 300.00 at the drop of a hat, but now they want us to pay every single year for upgrades? I guess Spacial really want to push existing customers away!

PostPosted: September 6th, 2015, 8:08 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

You misunderstood the term lifetime license for lifetime updates.
Any SAM version you can BUY comes with a lifetime license. That means you MAY use it for the rest of your life. It does NOT mean that Spacial is obliged to provide updates to support Windows versions they didn't even know would exist when they sold you the software. The sofware SAM 4 was released when Windows XP was the current Windows version and has later received updates to support Windows Vista/7.

There is a workaround to get SAM 4 running on Windows 10 (I did not personally try this, but there are reports of it working for Windows 8):
Simply install an older version of SAM 4. I think you need to go below 4.7 or 4.6 even (that was the time when Spacial changed the copy protection mechanism from a third party to something that's incompatible with Windows 8 and newer). I've heard of successful reports with 4.2.2 (most likely illegal copies)

Shop for readymade PAL scripts by countrywesterndj - Or get a custom script made by me (or others)

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: September 14th, 2015, 4:31 pm 
Experienced User
Experienced User

If someone has an earlier version that I could download, I would appreciate it.

PostPosted: September 14th, 2015, 5:00 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

I'd love to provide you with an older download link (they all work by the same format), but Spacial only retains the 4.9.8 version of the 4.x series.

The deferred payment was replaced by a subscription model. If you can't shell out 300 USD at once, you can go for 15 USD / month and get SAM vibe as a streaming server included. I know that isn't really the same, mostly because you can't keep the software upon reaching the total price, but have to continue paying. However that's how software is distributed these days. (Take Adobe for an example)

Shop for readymade PAL scripts by countrywesterndj - Or get a custom script made by me (or others)

My Project:

PostPosted: September 27th, 2015, 12:17 am 
New User
New User

Have same problem SAM 4.9 no longer works on Window 10 have heard that 4.2.2 might my question is will my paid key work on old 4.2.. really don't want to use a hacked key as I have a paid one from 4.9 that we spent $300 on.

PostPosted: September 27th, 2015, 5:58 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

#1 There's no guarantee 4.2.2 will work in Windows 8 or any newer version of Windows. Even if it does work, it might break with any new update.
#2 All 4.x keys work with any version in that major release (4.x.y).
#3 I wouldn't go down to 4.2.2 if I could get a hand on any newer version. The last versions before the copy protection change were in the pretty close to the middle of the 4.x series if I remember correctly. So if you can get a hand on releases from that era, I would try those first.
#4 You should absolutely NOT try to find a "cracked" version of 4.2.2 in order to register that with your legit key. Not only do you risk to infect your computer with viruses, but you might also disclose the key to those who built that cracked version.

My Project:

PostPosted: September 27th, 2015, 7:33 pm 
New User
New User

Thanks for the info, yeah I would never try a hacked vir or a hacked key so will try to find a legit old copy and try that or go back to windows 7 on my laptop and use SAM on that instead of on this PC like I use too.

Still do feel left out in the cold no way have $ to update even getting SAM back then with the 6 month deal killed us for those 6 months wish they offered paid SAM users a free upgrade then when new one came out even if it was just for a small time they offer that lol...

Still the use I did get out of it for the time it worked :)

PostPosted: September 28th, 2015, 1:46 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Well, giving free updates forever is not a business model that works. You have to make a cut at some point and they gave away the upgrades to 4.x users pretty cheap.
I'm not employed at Spacial, but I work in the software industry myself and software buyers pay for my living.
On the one hand I'm not a fan of subscription models for desktop software myself either, but I can understand that it makes sense and takes a lot of worries from your shoulders as a software development company.

Good luck with finding a trustworthy source for older SAM versions. The Spacial download servers do no longer contain them, even if you know the URL (that was a good trick in the past since the scheme for the URLs and filenames is always the same)

My Project:

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2019, 3:41 pm 
Senior User
Senior User

I know this topic is a bit old, but I was in the same situation, thankfully Spacial had a black friday special, and I was able to nab the software for $149.99 at the time, rather then the $300.00.