Post subject: Encoding Error 10060
PostPosted: December 18th, 2009, 4:23 pm 
New User
New User

Some background:

* SAM Broadcaster Version 4.60
* Database Firebird
* OS - Windows 2003 x64 edition Service pack 2
* Shoutcast is running on a different server(and a different network). This is a on a Windows 2003 edition Service pack 2
* The only other program running on the SAM machine is Shoutcast(so I have two versions, one on the same server one on an external server)
* According to our sysadmin guy, the SAM machine is not using any router or proxy. The external Shoutcast server though is using a router
* For the external Shoutcast server, I am using port 8080
* Port 8080 has been opened up on both the external Shoutcast server itself and the router
* Tested out the port 8080 on both the router and the external Shoutcast server using http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and both are reported as open
* Both SAM and Shoutcast machines are dedicated servers(so we have full access to them)

So here is the problem. Our production setup is going to entail having SAM broadcaster and Shoutcast installed on two different machines. I first installed in our test environment SAM Broadcaster and Shoutcast on one server and got it to work without a problem. I then tested SAM and Shoutcast on 2 different machines within the same network(therefore for using the internal 192.x.x.x ip address for all config settings) and again it worked fine.

However, after trying to setup Shoutcast on a machine that is on a different network I could not get SAM broadcaster to start encoding. The error I get is: "Error disconnected 10060". Therefore leading me to believe it could be a firewall/port issue. But our Sys admin assures us that the port(8080) is open. I even tried changing the srcIP in sc_serv.ini to an extenral IP address. But kept getting fatal error. It only accepts 127.0.0.1, 192.x.x.x or ANY.

Also I tried accessing the Shoutcast machine's server from a browser in the SAM's machine (i.e. http://externalIPaddress:8080) it comes up, but the server status is "Server is currently down." Which I guess is because there is no encoder connecting. But would I still be able to access the URL if it was a firewall/port issue?

So as you can guess by now, I am simply pulling my hair out at the moment. Am I missing something?! Could Windows 2003 have an extra security feature that is blocking access. Is there a Shoutcast/SAM issue when working with external IP's? Any help provided would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Encoding Error 10060
PostPosted: December 18th, 2009, 5:03 pm 
Cygnus X-1
Cygnus X-1

Remember, for SHOUTcast two ports are needed:
PortBase (for user connections and the web UI) and PortBase+1 (for the source)

If the DNAS is hosted externally then it needs PortBase outgoing and PortBase+1 incoming.
Double check with the hosting provider on the incoming allowance.
If you can see the web UI on PortBase then that dependency is met.

One thing you might want to consider is running the local DNAS and have the remote one be a relay.
That way you're not sourcing directly and can use the DNAS buffers x2 for latency or other Internet oddities.

PostPosted: December 21st, 2009, 12:12 pm 
New User
New User

Festerhead, I owe you a couple of beers! That was it. In addition to port 8080, I also needed 8081 opened up on the firewall and it worked. Thank you, thank you, thank you! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: December 21st, 2009, 7:37 pm 
Cygnus X-1
Cygnus X-1

How much hair did you pull out? Post a pic.

Still, consider running a local DNAS and setting the remote as a relay; you'll thank me with a keg later ;)