Skip to Content
It is currently September 21st, 2014, 7:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: April 19th, 2010, 4:13 am 
Offline
New User
New User

Joined: April 16th, 2010, 2:45 pm
Posts: 5
Which version of SAM are you using?

Sam Broadcaster Version 4.2.2

Which database? Version? Is your database running as an application or a service?

Firebird Version 2.1.3, its running as a application

Which operating system? Service pack?

HP, Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit

Are you running everything on one machine or are some components remote?

One Machine

Are you running other programs on your SAM machine?

NO

Sup Guys,

Basically I'm using Sam Broadcaster Version 4, it was working flawlessly for about a week and now suddenly out of the blue, when i go to load the Sam it says:

"Unable to connect or querry database, make sure database server is running and configured properly"

I made sure Firebird server was running and still sam would not load up. So i did a quick search on google and to no avail. i heard that Sam and Firebird arn't that compatible with Vista so i tried running both programmes in compatible Window XP SP2 mode and still nothing. I also tried to uninstall Firebird and use mysql instead and still it wouldn't load up.

When I tried to reninstall it the weird thing is that it connected when in installed SAM for the first time using the same database configuration. But as soon as shutdown sam broadcaster and try load it up again the same message appears.

I'm really losing patience :x with the software and i'd really appreciate any help.

thanx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: April 19th, 2010, 6:08 am 
Offline
Alumni
Alumni

Joined: October 14th, 2006, 9:38 am
Posts: 5987
Location: Deep in the heart of the PRNJ
4.2.2 is a very old version of SAM with known issues. If you have only been using this version for a week, then I'm guessing you "found" it on the Internet. SAM IS NOT SHAREWARE. Be aware that these crackz are known to have malware of all sorts embedded in them. I suggest you remove the program from your machine completely and do a thorough cleaning. The latest stable version is available free to legitimate SAM4 users in the secure Clients area.

_________________
- Stan Olochwoszcz
A proud licensed SAM user since 2002

Raritan Bay Radio


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: April 19th, 2010, 1:41 pm 
Offline
New User
New User

Joined: April 16th, 2010, 2:45 pm
Posts: 5
I'm still having problems with the free 14 day trial which i downloaded of SpacialAudio, is there a solution to this or is Sam Broadcaster just incompatible with Vista


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: April 19th, 2010, 1:44 pm 
Offline
SVS Member
SVS Member

Joined: May 8th, 2004, 9:00 am
Posts: 9979
Location: Denver, CO
Most likely your issue is a permissions issue with Vista. turn off UAC and run SAM as administrator, (right click on sambc.exe and select run as administrator).

_________________
- Rob Oyler
- Spacial Volunteer Support (SVS)
Smooth Contemporary Jazz Channel:
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: April 19th, 2010, 2:45 pm 
Offline
Alumni
Alumni

Joined: December 20th, 2006, 9:23 pm
Posts: 12212
Location: Show Low, AZ
OIRadio wrote:
I'm still having problems with the free 14 day trial which i downloaded of SpacialAudio, is there a solution to this or is Sam Broadcaster just incompatible with Vista


I am still questioning the validity of this install. When did you download the version of SAM (4.2.2) that you're using?

_________________
Andrew Cannon
(SVS) Spacial Volunteer Support

WE DANCE AS ONE: A Celebration In Groove
All That Is GOOD In Dance Music from the
70's, 80's, 90's and Now... plus some of the
best DJs from around the world.
http://www.wda1.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: April 20th, 2010, 4:37 pm 
Offline
New User
New User

Joined: April 16th, 2010, 2:45 pm
Posts: 5
WDA1 wrote:
OIRadio wrote:
I'm still having problems with the free 14 day trial which i downloaded of SpacialAudio, is there a solution to this or is Sam Broadcaster just incompatible with Vista


I am still questioning the validity of this install. When did you download the version of SAM (4.2.2) that you're using?


I appreciate you all trying to crack down on illegal piracy but i got mine off brother soft (14 day free trial), then when Elevatorboy prompted that i should buy off SpacialAudio, i downloaded the one from SpacialAudio Site 14 day Free Trial (http://www.spacialaudio.com/?page=sam-b ... r-download) and still got the re-occuring problem. I know you guys deidicate your free time but allow the third degree guys it was a honest question and i was looking for a bit of help :?:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: April 20th, 2010, 4:47 pm 
Offline
Alumni
Alumni

Joined: December 20th, 2006, 9:23 pm
Posts: 12212
Location: Show Low, AZ
Quote:
I know you guys deidicate your free time but allow the third degree guys it was a honest question and i was looking for a bit of help

Please don't take offense to us doing part of our job. SAM 4.2.2 hasn't been available for YEARS, it's also the MOST "cracked" version of SAM out around the web. Just doing a basic GOOGLE search on "SAM 4.2.2" brings up DOZENS of sites where it can be had "for free," or for WELL LESS than that what a legitimate customer would get it for from Spacial Audio. Not only are these cracked and illegal copies, 99% of them are now loaded w/ bugs, viruses and trojans. There are countless times that we've had to walk unsuspecting users thru cleaning up corrupt installs. You need to understand that when we see a new user to the forum asking questions about a new install of a VERY old version of SAM, we will be suspicious.

As for your question....

You're using FIREBIRD, which is NOT recommended as it's not a very stable database. We HIGHLY suggest that you uninstall SAM completely, uninstall FIREBIRD completely, and install MySQL as the database, as it's much more robust and stable. You can get MySQL for free, and there is a GREAT tutorial for it located here:
http://fescon.googlegroups.com/web/Inst ... kfeVUa7Znk

Follow the steps in that tutorial for installing MySQL, then RE-INSTALL SAM, following the steps for MySQL use with SAM. If after that you're still having issues, let us know.

_________________
Andrew Cannon
(SVS) Spacial Volunteer Support

WE DANCE AS ONE: A Celebration In Groove
All That Is GOOD In Dance Music from the
70's, 80's, 90's and Now... plus some of the
best DJs from around the world.
http://www.wda1.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: April 21st, 2010, 3:08 pm 
Offline
New User
New User

Joined: April 16th, 2010, 2:45 pm
Posts: 5
DJ Cassio wrote:
Most likely your issue is a permissions issue with Vista. turn off UAC and run SAM as administrator, (right click on sambc.exe and select run as administrator).



Ahhh thank you soo much :) worked like a dream after i disabled UAC, but question, there are hundred security notices saying that i really shouldn't have UAC disabled and my computer is more at a risk, is there away for me to not disable UAC but still continue using Sam Broadcaster (will be purchasing the software after 14 day trial expires) ?

Thanks guys


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: April 21st, 2010, 3:12 pm 
Offline
New User
New User

Joined: April 16th, 2010, 2:45 pm
Posts: 5
Quote:
Please don't take offense to us doing part of our job. SAM 4.2.2 hasn't been available for YEARS, it's also the MOST "cracked" version of SAM out around the web.


None taken i was just getting a bit annoyed as to keep repeating myself and validating that i haven't downloaded illegally, but i do understand your perspective. Anyway......

Quote:
As for your question....

You're using FIREBIRD, which is NOT recommended as it's not a very stable database. We HIGHLY suggest that you uninstall SAM completely, uninstall FIREBIRD completely, and install MySQL as the database, as it's much more robust and stable. You can get MySQL for free, and there is a GREAT tutorial for it located here:
http://fescon.googlegroups.com/web/Inst ... kfeVUa7Znk

Follow the steps in that tutorial for installing MySQL, then RE-INSTALL SAM, following the steps for MySQL use with SAM. If after that you're still having issues, let us know.


Thanks for the link but i think i mentioned it in my original post, i downloaded MySQL and used it instead of Firebird and got the re-occuring problem, but thanks to DJ Cassio it seems to be an issue with the permission.

Take Care and thanks for the link


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: April 21st, 2010, 3:16 pm 
Offline
Alumni
Alumni

Joined: December 20th, 2006, 9:23 pm
Posts: 12212
Location: Show Low, AZ
Quote:
i was just getting a bit annoyed as to keep repeating myself and validating that i haven't downloaded illegally,


We understand this... but also any source other than SPACIAL AUDIO where you're downloading the software SHOULD be keeping up to date with what Spacial is doing. v4.2.2 hasn't been available on this site for years, it also has know bugs and problems that were rectified in later versions.

As for your UAC issue, the latest version of the SAM trial (4.7.1) is supposed to be UAC compatible. As I refuse to move to Vista or Win7 as there have been too many issues with it, I've not bothered to download it.

_________________
Andrew Cannon
(SVS) Spacial Volunteer Support

WE DANCE AS ONE: A Celebration In Groove
All That Is GOOD In Dance Music from the
70's, 80's, 90's and Now... plus some of the
best DJs from around the world.
http://www.wda1.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group