Skip to Content
It is currently March 5th, 2021, 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 10th, 2013, 8:53 am 
Experienced User
Experienced User

It shows up on SAM PHP nowplaying and song browser. So I'm considering removing the duration from that as it ends up on our website. I'm not bothered by the error simply viewing the queue though.

I had a problem today with a song not updating the PHP web page. I couldn't (can't) figure out why, and the length issue was one of my troubleshooting attempts. But as you say it shouldn't affect that as the player drives the song change.

PostPosted: September 11th, 2013, 4:54 pm 
New User
New User

Hi been wrestling with this for ages can't find an answer. It is important to me as I am charged with setting up playlists for a local amateur station and not having a figure in duration field makes it hard to calculate when a certain show starts and finishes. We all pre record and I have to arrange them into a proper order which is time critical.

Some files DO have the duration and some don't, only showing ??:??, it's frustrating as we can't see a difference between one file and the next. they are all mp3 44khz and 320kbps.

Hope someone can help, thanks

PostPosted: September 14th, 2013, 4:28 pm 
Experienced User
Experienced User

I think most of what you need to know is in this thread. Songs (pre recorded shows) over a certain length aren't correctly saved in the database. It's a bug in SAM. You can go into the database and manually input the times in. But it's only cosmetic. It's frustrating for me as well as the SAM web pages display the correct time.

PostPosted: September 16th, 2013, 1:31 am 
Alumni
Alumni

Hi guys,

With issues like this, open a ticket and post the files to us, we will likely be able to quickly determine the issue.

Thanks,

PostPosted: September 16th, 2013, 3:13 am 
Experienced User
Experienced User

Done

PostPosted: October 15th, 2013, 10:50 am 
New User
New User

Anything come back o nthis?

PostPosted: October 15th, 2013, 12:27 pm 
Experienced User
Experienced User

ha! no. I logged a ticket. They wanted all my config files which have my database username and password and various other things I don't want in the public domain. So I asked for Spacial's public key, the rep asked me "what's that?" so I told them and never heard back.

PostPosted: November 14th, 2013, 4:23 am 
New User
New User

I've been experiencing the same problem. My SAM Broadcaster randomly started doing this with any MP3 I added, even some of recordings that I made (as I'm a singer). I've uninstalled and reinstalled I don't know how many times to no change in result. I'm at my wits end. It's like the program is permanently broken, even when it's reloaded. I even switched from Firebird to mySQL thinking it was a database issue. Granted the songs play and all, but when you're expected to have a measured set of x amount of hours in your queue.. this makes it almost a guessing game instead of where you can exactly know you've got 8 hours or whatever is needed. That's not cool at all. In all the years I've used SAM, granted I was on older versions, I've never experienced such a headache. And the disturbing part is I have yet to find a single solution to it. For this level of frustration, I'm quite disappointed in this product.. one in which I've used for ages.

UPDATE: I did a system reload and the issue seems to be fixed. Must've been a corruption somewhere.

PostPosted: February 7th, 2014, 1:19 am 
Senior User
Senior User

For those that are having these problems... I know that most people on here have paid for their software or are using a trial version.

I was able to duplicate the error where it shows 0.00 for the time of songs, or some would show 757, etc. The problem happened with a program that would activate Sams as a workaround for it having to be purchased.

Virtual machines are such a wonderful tool :) (not to mention the fact that I need to get 2013 for win 8)

If you are using a legit version and are having this problem, then you would want to put in a ticket as it could be something caused with a file that has to do with activation.

For the post that everything was working fine, then new songs started showing 0.00, was the activation done before the error started?

For the record, I in no way condone any workaround programs. I've helped people in the past with problems by using a trial so I could try to see what they are seeing. Customer support is helpful with problems you may have and everyone goes out of their way to help. Show your support by purchasing the software.

Learning new stuff all the time

PostPosted: February 7th, 2014, 3:38 am 
Experienced User
Experienced User

I paid for my SAM and the spare DJ seat license. The issue is with long MP3s. Are you saying that the -0.00 can also occur in cracked versions via some software crack licensing app?

PostPosted: February 11th, 2014, 3:38 am 
Senior User
Senior User

Yes it can. When the app activates it, it causes this as well. It got me to thinking that maybe it could help the devs in locating the cause. I understand it can be a pain to find what part of code would cause the problem.

It may be worth trying the trial of the 2013.6 and see if you get the problem on long mp3's. You could install it in a virtual machine to try it out.

Learning new stuff all the time

PostPosted: May 18th, 2018, 6:48 pm 
New User
New User

I conducted a simple experiment:
1. Renamed all files and folders (numbers and EN letters)
2. Opened in the player all the tracks and changed the names in the tags (numbers and EN letters)

A happy ending

Examples of tracks 0:00
(track) 02 ロムロムの滝.mp3,
(folder) Trentemøller - Lost Reworks [EP] (2014)
(tag) Röyksopp

Attachments:
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png [ 42.2 KiB | Viewed 4167 times ]
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png [ 42.58 KiB | Viewed 4167 times ]
PostPosted: September 26th, 2020, 10:11 am 
New User
New User

i have same problem, but only on Turkish song what i can do . i have no idea.