Skip to Content
It is currently September 25th, 2018, 9:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: March 24th, 2013, 7:48 am 
Experienced User
Experienced User

IvanR wrote:
Hello guys,

Just released new the SAMAutoStart,
Go ahead and try it new hot features.

EnJoy

!!! love the right-click addition !!!

PostPosted: April 10th, 2013, 8:30 am 
Senior User
Senior User

I have one SAM running Firebird and the other running MySQL. This program looks awesome, but the documentation is a not that user friendly. Do you have a condensed, easy setup-up, tutorial just for getting the basics of the program running?

The use of example scenarios in the documentation makes it a bit confusing as it is difficult for me to comprehend whether these examples are important for my needs and imperative to follow. The part that starts with editing the config.ini seems to have no end, so I'm not sure what the appropriate next steps are because of the number of examples written in.

Any thoughts of creating a short video tutorial for 'getting started' or simplified easy 1-2-3 for getting up and running? Then outline the customization features and explain what its benefits are and what SAM database type it would be necessary for?

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: April 10th, 2013, 9:16 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Hello,
I will try to find more time to make a GUI configuration of the config.ini after releasing v1.5 which will include new featues and minor fixes.

Well there is a a lot of examples but not related with config.ini but usage of SAS features like showing a message, restarting via PAL Script etc.

README page number 2, 3 and 4 are for config.ini

Is not that complicated because mainly you can leave the default settings.
Most important settings are:
Path=<SAMBC.exe full path, probablly autodetected>
mySQL_servicename=<mySQL service name usually MySQL>
XMLPath=<Full path of SAMBC.core.xml>

Optionally:
Events=<Events you would like to call delimitered by comma>
AudioEditorFullPath=<Full path of your audio editor>

Thank you for your feedback.

PostPosted: April 10th, 2013, 11:12 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Out of random curiosity, how do some of these functions work within SAM?
Are you hooking into SAM? Or just intercepting clicks, etc?

PostPosted: April 10th, 2013, 11:35 am 
Senior User
Senior User

IvanR wrote:
AudioEditorFullPath=<Full path of your audio editor>

Thank you for your feedback.

Ok, looking forward to the update. I'm curious to know what the use of the audio editor is with this script.

In addition, I have 8 encoders running simultaneously and one encoder is set as just a recorder. How do I configure the software to auto-start the 8 of 9 recorders or must I configure SAM to auto start specific recorders as soon as the program is launched?

Last edited by RadioRookie on April 10th, 2013, 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: April 10th, 2013, 11:40 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Quote:

the 2nd one, intercepting clicks, some other features read/write to SAMBC.core.xml
That's why location of xml is needed.
If anyone think that SAS damaged the config file, in the first start SAS make a backup of the original xml. SAMBC.core.xml.backup in data dir.

v1.5 will automatically get data from MySQL and more.

With Regards,
Ivan

PostPosted: April 10th, 2013, 11:47 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Quote:
Ok, looking forward to the update. I'm curious to know what the use of the audio editor is with this script.

Take a look on this screenshot: http://rclive.ath.cx/DJAnonimo/menu.jpg
You can directly load a track to your audio editor from Song information editor.

Ivan

PostPosted: April 10th, 2013, 11:49 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

IvanR wrote:
Quote:

the 2nd one, intercepting clicks, some other features read/write to SAMBC.core.xml
That's why location of xml is needed.
If anyone think that SAS damaged the config file, in the first start SAS make a backup of the original xml. SAMBC.core.xml.backup in data dir.

v1.5 will automatically get data from MySQL and more.

With Regards,
Ivan

Cool...
Looking forward to the new features, and thanks for all the hard work!

PostPosted: April 10th, 2013, 4:00 pm 
Experienced User
Experienced User

isaacl wrote:
Cool...
Looking forward to the new features, and thanks for all the hard work!

co-signed! I LOVE IT!

PostPosted: April 14th, 2013, 3:48 pm 
Senior User
Senior User

I found a major problem with enabling auto-recovery in that if the Deck in SAM are stopped when the MIC is live and on-air, it will detect that and auto-run a song from the queue.

The issue with that is that I have to stop all tracks when on air, as I am on at 60 minutes straight at a time. I can't change the max player idle time as I do need this to function normally when I am idle and SAM is running on auto-dj.

In addition, if I have a file running in the AUX decks, it also forces Deck A and Deck B to play.

Any ideas of what I can do to not have to keep disabling auto-recovery manually each time I am live on the air or have something running in the AUX decks? I'm afraid that I may forget to either re-enable the feature once I'm done with a live show and running auto-dj or forget to turn it off as I did during a live broadcast where the notification popped up while the MIC was hot.

Please help.

PostPosted: April 15th, 2013, 8:37 am 
Senior User
Senior User

Any ideas on how to get around this issue of auto-recovery not recognizing there is content playing in the AUX decks and forcing DECK A or B to play?

PostPosted: April 15th, 2013, 9:23 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

That is by design. SAM only has 2 "main" playback decks and you can't abuse the AUX decks as additional playback decks with the same functionality.

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: April 15th, 2013, 11:15 am 
Junior User
Junior User

Great job bro, Sam still crashes every few weeks, hope it will help.
worked with 4.9.8 ?
i will give it a try, thanks alot!

PostPosted: April 15th, 2013, 11:31 am 
Senior User
Senior User

Mastacheata wrote:
That is by design. SAM only has 2 "main" playback decks and you can't abuse the AUX decks as additional playback decks with the same functionality.

I use the AUX DECKs to play news briefs which run for about 30 minutes after my PAL script pauses whatever is playing in DECK A or B, then resume it when the news is done. I have found that if I configure the script to run the news in DECK A or B then the metadata does NOT refresh, after resuming the previously playing track.

So this appears to be a limitation in the software automation that if a track is paused, and you queue up a new file in the other deck, then the previously paused deck metadata will not go out to shoutcast or anything else once it is resumed. What will show up in the scroller is the new track info that was just played. This is an inconvenience for me when I have a 2hr program running that is interrupted by a 30min news brief, but then the streamer info shows the title of the news brief well after it is over and that the previously playing track still has, for example, 1 1/2hrs left to finish before the streamer shows a new title for the next file that is queued up.

With the workaround that I have, I don't think that constitutes as abuse. If there's any way I can have my news play in DECK A or B, then resume what was playing and have accurate metadata info in the streamer once the paused track is resumed, please let me know because I will try it.

Should I open up a new thread about this that just request a Pal script modification that will update the banner titles in the encoders if a track is resumed rather then playing from being loaded in the deck?

PostPosted: April 15th, 2013, 11:55 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Sorry, that was a misunderstanding.
You are of course completely free to use the Decks in whatever way you like.
It is only abuse in a sense that the authors of the software did not have that scenario in mind.
People are requesting a third playback deck for years and it seems like Spacial has at least acknowledged the requests now.
Sorrily there is no information about whether they have any specific plans to implement this.

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next