Skip to Content
It is currently July 20th, 2019, 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Web Widgets Questions
PostPosted: February 27th, 2013, 10:29 am 
Junior User
Junior User

Now that Spacial has gone public with their widgets announcement and details for setting up, I pose a question to any in the know.

Are these web widgets only designed to work with Vibe? Or will the also work with those of us not needing the Vibe service? My station broadcasts 24x7 from my very own Shoutcast servers and I don't need a "service" in between DJ slots. However, I have just redesigned my website using Wordpress and am looking for a better PHP solution to display stream info than I had previously using the HTML code

www.xStream-Radio.net

PostPosted: February 27th, 2013, 4:08 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

In the current state the Web widgets will onyl work with vibe.
The Web widgets is basically a placeholder div for the widget to appear at and a javascript file that loads the custom widget from spacial servers.
Your station is identified by a custom id number from spacial and the real url to the SAM Vibe stream is never mentioned in the widget code.

I thought that these widgets would also be available for SAM Broadcaster, but obviously that was a misunderstanding.

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: February 27th, 2013, 4:39 pm 
Junior User
Junior User

Thanks. So I am back to Festerhead's WP Plug-in.

www.xStream-Radio.net

PostPosted: November 9th, 2013, 9:14 am 
New User
New User

One of the reasons I purchased SAM Broadcaster was for the web widgets and template access for easily setting up web sites, etc. as mentioned in their blog - they wrote about simply copy and pasting code, and that sort of thing but I cannot find this area for the templates and widgets beyond what is shown here: http://radio.spacial.com/widgets/

Can anyone shed some light on this or offer some non-spacial alternatives? I am looking for something very basic with a player for a wordpress site. I want to show the song playing, the artist, and a flash player with perhaps links for winamp, itunes, etc. I stream through a shoutcast v1 provider.

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: November 10th, 2013, 1:34 pm 
Junior User
Junior User

I would suggest that you contact Mastacheata on this forum. I used him to provide the Wordpress widgets for my station site.

www.xStream-Radio.net

PostPosted: November 10th, 2013, 9:25 pm 
New User
New User

I may very well do that in the end but I would like to hear from spacial themselves regarding their claims of the widgets and template availability for SAM Broadcaster purchasers.

PostPosted: November 11th, 2013, 11:39 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

The web widgets are a bit hidden, but many people seem to have found them.
Here's how to find the web widgets for your SAM Vibe Station:
  1. Log in to the User Zone at http://userzone.spacial.com/
  2. Go to the Stations Tab
  3. You should see a list of all your SAM Vibe Stations. If you don't see any there, go to services and create a SAM Vibe account first (a free account for 1 year with 40 listeners @ 128kbps and 10 GB storage is included with SAM Broadcaster 2013)
  4. Hit the manage station button on the station you'd like to create your widgets for
  5. You have Player Widgets and Web Widgets tabs. Each tab contains a form asking for some details what you want to show on the widgets and then generates the HTML/JavaScript code for copy and pasting into your homepage

Obviously these are NOT Wordpress Widgets. What spacial is offering is an HTML snippet and some javascript to embed in a plain HTML page.
If you want to embed these widgets in your Website that is managed via a Content Management System like Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress you'll have to find out yourself how to include raw HTML and JavaScript code into these systems.
In Wordpress the correct place would either be a seperate plugin that wraps the HTML code from Spacial in the widget framework of Wordpress so you could place the SAM-Widgets anywhere you could place a Wordpress-widget. Or you could include it in your template code to be available on all pages.

The Widgets can not replace the PHP/HTML Web templates for SAM Broadcaster if you need all of that functionality. They are for those who have no clue about programming or building websites and don't need much functionality. If you don't use SAM Vibe at all, the widgets are also not for you.

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: April 10th, 2019, 9:39 pm 
New User
New User

Is it possible to define the size of the widget? I do not find that option in the code

greetings thank you