Skip to Content
It is currently August 8th, 2020, 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm Always on air
PostPosted: November 14th, 2014, 10:52 am 
New User
New User

I Do live shows once a week and I noticed that even when I turn the mic off and unclick lock mic I'm still on the air. During commerical breaks listeners can hear everything we say. Does anyone know how to set it to where we are off air during commericals? I still need to be able to hear my co-host (through skype) as well as our guest (also skype) but do not want it broadcast over the air?

I've looked EVERYWHERE for answers...Thanks!!

Post subject: Re: I'm Always on air
PostPosted: November 14th, 2014, 9:30 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

The VoiceFX panel in SAM Broadcaster is only useful when you run your encoders in all-digital/DSP mode.
If you run them in "Record from Soundcard"/"Red circle button" mode, forget about the VoiceFX panel.

I guess you have the Skype people coming in via a software like VAC or by recording the Stereo Mix/What you hear input of your soundcard in the encoders?
You could switch the Encoder mode to DSP during your commercial breaks. That way your soundcard inputs are ignored and SAM will only broadcast whatever is on it's decks or on the VoiceFX panel (if that is active during the time).
Just remember to switch back in time!

Another (probably better) option would be to run all your voices through an external mixer and then pull them into SAM using the VoiceFX panel instead of going directly via the encoders.
The disadvantage is that your co-host and guest will have to rely on you pressing/locking the VoiceFX button while they talk as well as when you talk yourself.

The perfect solution for having all external stuff get in at will, while still having the option to talk privately while still going through the same wires/channels is a mixer with seperate output channels. That way you could mute the mics and external sources On-Air while still being able to hear and talk to them at your speakers/headphones.

Shop for readymade PAL scripts by countrywesterndj - Or get a custom script made by me (or others)

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

Post subject: Re: I'm Always on air
PostPosted: November 17th, 2014, 12:09 pm 
New User
New User

Thanks. Actually I have everything running through a mixing board. I have the guest skype and Sam Broadcaster on one channel and my co-host on another then of course myself. I thought maybe I ohooked something up wrong but everything seems to work except the above. It's not a HUGE issue just annoying!!