Skip to Content
It is currently March 9th, 2021, 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 26th, 2013, 7:33 am 
New User
New User

Hello,
i have just donwload Sam Brodcaster, and sam cast, i'm trying to install it, it successed,
but when i try to run both of them, it said "A Monitor program has been found running on your system??"

what doest it means???
i think, i just have antivirus install on my computer :'(

i got same problem, when installing on Windows XP sp 3, Windows 8.1

thanks,

PostPosted: December 26th, 2013, 7:59 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

I would suppose this has got to do with both programs trying to listen on the same TCP port 1221.

I'm not 100% sure, though as I'm not really confident about SAM Cast.
Why is it that you need to run both SAM Broadcaster and SAM Cast? SAM Broadcaster has the Encoders already integrated...

Shop for readymade PAL scripts by countrywesterndj - Or get a custom script made by me (or others)

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: December 26th, 2013, 10:07 pm 
New User
New User

No, i did not run both of them on the same time, i just install all both of them,
i run sambroudcaster, then error found.
i tried run anyther sam software (sam cast) and the same error found.

i have tried it in many pcs,
windows xp sp3 -> error
windows xp sp2 -> error
windows 8 32 bit -> error
windows 8.1 64 bit -> error
safe mode of windows 8.1 64 bit -> still error...

the error said -> "A Monitor program has been found running on your system??"

WHAT monitor?? i just have avast software installed...
if avast is the problem, it should be fixed when i run on safe mode, but error still occured in save mode.

Below are my running process screenshot during safe mode (i using process explorer):

below are my running process screenshot during safe mode (using task manager):

PostPosted: December 27th, 2013, 3:17 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

You may try the following fixes and check if that helps to get rid of the pop up.

Method 1:

Step 1:

Boot the computer in safe mode and check for the issue.

Some options, such as safe mode, start Windows in a limited state, where only the bare essentials are started. If a problem doesn't reappear when you start in safe mode, you can eliminate the default settings and basic device drivers and services as possible causes.

Follow this below provided link to start your computer in safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... -safe-mode

Step 2:

Place the computer in clean boot and check if the issue persists.

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows (vista and 7, may be different for other window versions)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, make sure to put the computer to start as usual as mentioned in Step 3 from the above provided KB article.

Method 2: I would also suggest you to scan your computer with Microsoft Safety Scanner, which would help us to get rid of viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scann ... fault.aspx

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

Important: While scanning the hard drive if any bad sectors are found, the scanner tries to repair that sector, any data available on that might be lost.

http://www.crossfire-radio.com

PostPosted: December 27th, 2013, 3:22 am 
New User
New User

I had been trying search on google about this, and i found similar of your post on microsoft forum, but i have not tried yet,,,

PostPosted: December 27th, 2013, 8:06 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

What I found on a quick google search is this:
I suppose you've got some software installed that is detected by the copy-protection mechanism / activation toolkit used by all of the newer Spacial software as interfering with the RAM or network communication.

This could be caused by security software working too aggressively.
Try turning off any AV and Firewall and Malware Scanners temporarily and check if that resolves the problem.
What does this DeepFreeze thing do? Does it do anything to your computer's RAM? I'm not sure from their website if it's just the same as the native windows Shadow Copy stuff or if it also stores a copy of the RAM. In tha later case, that would make this program the bad guy.

I've got my information from this forum where they discuss the same problem with a different software that also uses the Winlicense toolkit for their copy-protection and activation mechanism:
http://fiesta.gamigo.com/us/forum/board ... nse-error/

It's also a common error on the Valve forums, where the VAC (Valve Anti Cheat) system detects some kind of monitor software that might interfere with the contents of the RAM and could qualify as a potential cheating tool.

Shop for readymade PAL scripts by countrywesterndj - Or get a custom script made by me (or others)

My Project:

PostPosted: November 13th, 2015, 7:13 pm 
New User
New User

2 years later, i try to download sam cast trial today (14 Nov 2015), and i still got a problem with said "A Monitor program has been found running on your system please unload it from memory and restart your program"

This is different computer when i post this quenstion 2 years ago :lol:

Somebody, can you help me.
I just want to install this sam cast on my computer :|

PostPosted: November 14th, 2015, 7:35 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

If you don't have any software that could trigger that error, you should definitely get in touch with the "official" support.
I doubt any of us "mere mortal" users can really help you with that.

My Project:

PostPosted: November 14th, 2015, 7:38 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

After doing some reading, you could have some spyware or malware on your PC that is causing this, or you have a "cracked" program on your PC that is causing it. You would need to remove the "cracked" program or run some anti-spyware/malware program on your PC. Some free stuff would be malwarebytes free and/or Ad-Aware free, run those programs and see if you get anything, if you do, remove them, reboot, and try it again.

If none of the above, then you would need to submit a ticket to Spacial Support and have them help you.

http://www.crossfire-radio.com

PostPosted: November 16th, 2015, 4:34 pm 
Experienced User
Experienced User

Have you tried to disable DeepFreeze? I'm sure you know what the program is and what it does and installing software with deepfreeze active or even using SAM while its active could cause some serious data integrity issues.

PostPosted: August 21st, 2020, 10:27 am 
Senior User
Senior User

I just paid like $500 for SAM PRO 2020 can I like not get this error anymore please?

A proud licensed SAM user since June 2008

PostPosted: August 21st, 2020, 1:08 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

CanadianJeff wrote:
I just paid like $500 for SAM PRO 2020 can I like not get this error anymore please?

The same thing applies to you as to everyone else: Get in touch with official support. The user to user support in the forums is not the right place to discuss licensing issues. Get in touch with the helpdesk at Spacial, they probably know when users have such problems and can point you in the right direction.
At least I know that we as SVS cannot help you with anything regarding the licensing software used in SAM. That's completely off-limits to anyone but Spacial employees and the only way to get in touch with them is through the official help system on the Spacial website, not the forums.

My Project:

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2020, 9:19 am 
New User
New User

It's strange, it didn't happen to me, although I have the same programs. Is it only something that happens with some versions of Windows, or that happens under certain access/admin settings?

PostPosted: October 24th, 2020, 9:54 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

This is common practice for copy protection software to detect virtualization and debugging software as that is the typical way to see how the copy protection works and disable it.
This has a lot of false positives, but usually they don't care about those if that's the price for having a more secure copy protection. (that is regardless of whether there are already pirated versions out and if the copy protection can still be circumvented)

In the case of SAM Broadcaster it's also not Spacial themselves who built the copy protection, but they use a technology called WinLicense/Themida by Oreans Technologies. So even if there are problems with the copy protection, the Spacial Helpdesk employee would need to forward that to their support contact at Oreans, and that is only if they have an active support subscription. It's highly unlikely that they'll even consider that much effort for a simple support request and will point you at the same generic advice I gave earlier in this thread:
1. Do not run SAM inside a VM (i.e. VirtualBox, Xen, Citrix, VMWare, Parallels)
2. Do not run a Debugger software while running SAM (i.e.: Visual Studio)
3. Try and disable your AV software or switch to a different one by another manufacturer or at least install the latest software update (not virus definition updates, but software updates as in a new version of the AV software itself)
4. Do not run SAM in compatibility mode
5. Do not run any software that would add icons to or scan other software while running in the background (this could be considered manipulation and detected as harmful by the copy protection software - One software to do such things would be Teamviewer which adds a double-headed arrow to the title bar of every window in it's default settings)

My Project:

PostPosted: October 26th, 2020, 7:01 am 
New User
New User

Thanks for the in-depth answer and explanation, you don't get that from every community, that will definitely be useful in the future!