Skip to Content
It is currently November 21st, 2019, 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 29th, 2015, 12:22 am 
Junior User
Junior User

Hi all,

As I'm working on getting to work web song request feature I realized that SAM can only search by either artist name or song name and not together, is there a setting to change this?
For example, if I search for artist name - song name or artist name song name SAM will not find it. If I type song name it will, same for artist name
I have all songs under Content > Music > Music (All)

Any explanation is much appreciated!

PostPosted: April 29th, 2015, 12:54 am 
Junior User
Junior User

I made this video http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cofUh6fnSr to better explain what I mean.

PostPosted: April 29th, 2015, 11:21 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Well it can search in both fields at the same time, however it will always look for the whole search query.
I.e.: You enter "Opus Life is Life" and it will look for a track with all that words in the title or all that words in the artist or all that words in the album.
And you should probably not enter characters not present in either field. The dash is used as a display seperator, but is not present in either of the fields.

Example: You search for "Death cab for cutie" and get both the song by "The Bonzo Dog Dooh-Dah Band" and "Meet Me on the Equinox" (this is a track by Death Cab for Cutie and the soundtrack for the Girls flick Twilight New Moon)

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: May 1st, 2015, 11:30 am 
Junior User
Junior User

Mastacheata wrote:
Well it can search in both fields at the same time, however it will always look for the whole search query.
I.e.: You enter "Opus Life is Life" and it will look for a track with all that words in the title or all that words in the artist or all that words in the album.
And you should probably not enter characters not present in either field. The dash is used as a display seperator, but is not present in either of the fields.

Example: You search for "Death cab for cutie" and get both the song by "The Bonzo Dog Dooh-Dah Band" and "Meet Me on the Equinox" (this is a track by Death Cab for Cutie and the soundtrack for the Girls flick Twilight New Moon)

Ok, thanks for the explanation!
I'm in process renaming all of my tracks and some have dash in their name and some don't ie. Opus Life is Life and Opus - Life is Life, I should just remember to search either by artist name or song name. My plan is to rename of tracks to include dash which is standard for naming songs, correct?
Also, I'm planning to use MP3tag to remove album info, does SAM looks ever in that field?

PostPosted: May 1st, 2015, 12:37 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

SAM will import the "Comment" tag in MP3Tag and place it in the info field in the database.