Skip to Content
It is currently November 24th, 2017, 5:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SAM 4 Win 8
PostPosted: July 15th, 2015, 12:13 am 
New User
New User

I'm having problems successfully installing SAM 4 Pro on a Win 8 OS.

Post subject: Re: SAM 4 Win 8
PostPosted: July 15th, 2015, 8:10 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

SAM 4.x is not designed to work with Windows8, the 2014.x and above product line is.

PostPosted: July 20th, 2015, 4:52 am 
New User
New User

Hi,

As you are currently using SAM Broadcaster v4.x, I would like to point out that the v4.x software reached the end of its product lifespan in December 2012. You can of course continue to use this license on all of the Windows operating systems previously listed as being compatible with SAM Broadcaster v4.x however, SAM Broadcaster v4.x is not Windows 8 nor Windows 8.1 compatible. In 2013 we released SAM Broadcaster 2013 which is Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 compatible, and we have also incorporated a large number of great new features in this version of SAM Broadcaster.

We have released SAM Broadcaster 2015 which includes our redesigned DJ Seat system SAM Broadcaster Live-DJ. SAM Broadcaster 2015 includes all of the great, professional features you might be familiar with from SAM Broadcaster v4.x but some of these additional new features included:

-Windows 8 Compatibility
-FLAC file playback support
-SAM VIBE Integration
-Upgraded LAME Encoder
-Processor affinity limitations removed for better multi-core processor performance

We are making available, one last opportunity for customers with SAM Broadcaster v4.x licenses to upgrade directly to SAM Broadcaster 2015. Apart from the great new features found in SAM Broadcaster 2015, this will also include a 12-month subscription for all product updates as well as enhanced technical support which consists of Helpdesk ticketing support, outbound telephone support (we call you) and remote assistance.

If this is not enough, each active subscription also includes a 12-month Live Subscription which provides a Station Manager with the ability to have up to 5 additional DJs broadcasting through their station with the latest version of SAM Broadcaster, SAM Broadcaster Live-DJ which has been designed to safeguard a Station Manager’s financial investment by only allowing your licensed DJs to stream to your station. Gone are the days when a Station Manager provided a DJ Seat license to a DJ for a 1 hour weekly show, whilst the DJ used this same license to stream to a multitude of other stations. With SAM Broadcaster Live-DJ, a DJ can only stream to the stations licensed by the Station Manager.

This security is provided by streaming through an included SAM VIBE station which apart from the 5 additional DJ licenses, also includes 30GB of Cloud storage, 40 listener slots and 2 external relays which ensure the station can continue to stream through any new or existing SHOUTcast v1 or Icecast v2 streaming service.

Even if you currently have no additional DJs broadcasting with your station, SAM VIBE can also be used as a failover backup which will stream your pre-scheduled programming should you experience any hardware or connection problems. SAM VIBE is also a powerful yet flexible Radio Automation Solution for the times you cannot broadcast when otherwise, your station might be dark.

This upgrade offer is designed for SAM Broadcaster v4.x customers and this offer is only available for a short time at the special price of just $119.00.You can upgrade from within your userzone at http://userzone.spacial.com/wp-login under the 'Products' tab.

Please let me know if you feel this is something that might interest you or if you have any additional questions ?

You can email me at laura@spacialaudio.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

PostPosted: July 20th, 2015, 2:08 pm 
Experienced User
Experienced User

If I "upgrade" HCR to the latest SAM version, do I then have to require my live DJs to switch to the new version as well - or are the newfangled license keys backward compatible with v.4?

PostPosted: July 20th, 2015, 4:30 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

The DJ Seat system has changed completely. You don't get any rotating keys for full versions anymore, but your DJs can sign up for user accounts and may use the limited Live DJ version. (limited because it can only encode TO your SAM Vibe stream, not arbitrary third party streaming servers, that is limited to the "full" version)

I'm not sure if the old Seat licenses cease to exist when you upgrade the "main" license, best contact Spacial sales about that directly.

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: July 20th, 2015, 5:07 pm 
Experienced User
Experienced User

I think what you've said here has pretty much convinced me that we'll just stick with v4. It's running quite well and what's new in the versions that have come after 4.x isn't something we need to keep operating as we have.

I trust our staff that they aren't running around doing shows on other stations, or running their own stations using our site licenses. (have known most of them for many years)

Thanks for the info, Benedikt.