Skip to Content
It is currently December 12th, 2017, 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: November 1st, 2015, 4:08 am 
Senior User
Senior User

Hi everyone, I have recently incurred an new problem with regard to Sam crashes. In the environment in which I use Sam, we occasionally have need to transfer the monitor on the Sam computer to an external monitor. The external monitor is actually a TV in a separate room and we send sound out through the TV, thereby people in the room can view the song changes etc on the web site while Sam provides the background music. Recently we have incurred the problem that each time we do it the Music just stops playing. Sam appears to be running ok as I can do other things such as move songs within playlists or set up schedules etc. It is simply the music that stops playing and the only fix seems to be to restart Sam. I am pretty sure Sam is not the problem here as I tried rolling back to older versions of Sam that I know worked in the past, but it dosnĀ“t solve the problem. While I do not think Sam is at fault here, I thought it may hold the key to the solution, hence the reason I am asking the question here. Has anyone any ideas where I should look to fix this. It obvious the problem occurs when the sound output is switched from the computer to the TV. Put I do not appear to have any ability to adjust that other than change which is default for sound and that has not been changed. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2015, 12:45 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

If the monitor change causes your sound cards or sound setup to change, because the sound is sent out through the TV, that might be causing SAM to crash.
Have you tried setting SAM not to output any sound before changing things (or shutting SAM down if possible, and then restarting it after the change)?

PostPosted: October 14th, 2017, 9:10 pm 
Senior User
Senior User

Just realised I never did update this. The only solution I found was when switching the sound card preferences between the tv and computer, I simply clicked and unclicked on the "On air" button. This seems to tell Sam which sound card to use and the system never crashes.