Skip to Content
It is currently December 12th, 2017, 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 24th, 2017, 11:52 am 
New User
New User

All music/files disappeared from playlists and the queue and I can't reload them. SAM appeared to running fine when I restarted it. It came up as described above.

PostPosted: August 25th, 2017, 4:33 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Sounds like a crashed database.
If you're running MySQL as the database system, please check out this post for details on how to possibly repair your database:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=28106&p=138973#p138973

Firebird isn't really maintenance friendly as there's no way to access the database daemon in the embedded version and probably all the manual has to say about repairing a database is pointed at the standalone version. Feel free to try your luck and dive deep in the Firebird website/manual if you feel it's worth it, rather than just uninstalling and reinstalling SAM and Firebird.

If you're using PostgreSQL or MS SQL, check out the manual of your database system about repairing databases or crashed tables.
But I guess people using these already know how things work.

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: August 26th, 2017, 8:48 am 
New User
New User

I used the MySQL Workbench and repaired all files. But, I'm not sure that anything was wrong with them in the first place. I now have music files showing in the majority of folders but a few folders are still blank and I cannot put anything in them. However, the players will now play music continuously. I can also "refresh" the queue and files will appear in it but the queue will empty as the files are played but can always be refreshed. And, the players still play continuously, including music files from those folders that are blank. SAM seems to be functioning in all respects except some folders are blank with the word "busy" in the progress bar at the bottom of the folder contents window if I click on "refresh" for a given blank folder. It appears now to be a problem with simply the contents of a folder not being displayed while in fact it is full and SAM is working otherwise.

PostPosted: August 26th, 2017, 8:50 am 
New User
New User

I used the MySQL Workbench and repaired all files. But, I'm not sure that anything was wrong with them in the first place. I now have music files showing in the majority of folders but a few folders are still blank and I cannot put anything in them. However, the players will now play music continuously. I can also "refresh" the queue and files will appear in it but the queue will empty as the files are played but can always be refreshed. And, the players still play continuously, including music files from those folders that are blank. SAM seems to be functioning in all respects except some folders are blank with the word "busy" in the progress bar at the bottom of the folder contents window if I click on "refresh" for a given blank folder. It appears now to be a problem with simply the contents of a folder not being displayed while in fact it is full and SAM is working otherwise.

PostPosted: August 26th, 2017, 12:11 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Your queue issue sounds like you have queue mode selected instead of autodj. In Workbench select schema inspector, select maintenance and highlight all tables and run check table and see if any report "marked as crashed". If so, you have to repair those individually with a Repair Table xxxxx command in sql and see if that helps.