Skip to Content
It is currently December 12th, 2017, 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2017, 3:31 pm 
New User
New User

hi,

I would like it to be possible to reuse the points of mix and intro extro de radiodj (MySQL) because it is a job of 5000 songs.
How to avoid redoing one by one

Thank you

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2017, 8:36 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Both RadioDJ and SAM store these points in their database.
SAM does so in the xfade column of the songlist table. The different CUE points are stored in the form of an HTTP query string and each CUE point type has it's own letter. The time is stored in milliseconds. (i.e. i=20000&o=180000 could mean intro at 20s and outro at 180s into the track - no guarantee that the qualifiers i & o are correct for intro/outro)
For RadioDJ you'll have to find out the details on your own. I suppose it looks similar and is stored in the cue_times field of the songs table.

Once you figured out how both formats look like, copy the songs table from RadioDJ into the same database as your SAM. (There shouldn't be any conflicts as SAM doesn't have a table called songs)

Now you can either transform one into the other directly via SQL UPDATE statements or you could first fetch the RadioDJ values, convert and then UPDATE the corresponding values in SAM as a 3 step procedure.

In any case: There's no automatic way to do that. You'll have to do some programming yourself and need to know either SQL or SQL and PAL.

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: November 26th, 2017, 5:52 am 
New User
New User

it may be complicated then no?

PostPosted: November 26th, 2017, 12:13 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Yeah, you gotta do the programming and conversion once, which is close to impossible for someone without previous programming or database administration experience.
Though, once you got the programming/conversion done for one track it's easy to apply to all the others.
So it depends on how many tracks you have to decide if it's worth investing time or money to build a conversion script or if it's better to do it one by one by hand.

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:

PostPosted: November 26th, 2017, 12:57 pm 
New User
New User

there are about 2300 song titles

PostPosted: November 27th, 2017, 3:32 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

That doesn't help me decide for you :P

It will probably take you somewhere in the 20-30 hours to learn enough of the basics of PAL programming and SQL to automate that task.
If you'd hire someone to build the PAL script for you, it will probably take only 2-3 hours, but obviously costs the hourly rate of the programmer. (For example: I usually take 40 EUR / hr and sometimes give a discount down to 25 EUR / hr if I feel like the script could be reused for other projects or resold to other people with the same problem)

I will gladly point you to tutorials on MySQL and PAL scripting if you'd like to learn how to do it yourself.

My Project: