Skip to Content
It is currently September 25th, 2018, 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 11th, 2017, 12:03 am 
New User
New User

I had to reinstall Windows 10, and now I can't get Sam Broadcaster to reinstall no matter what I do.

I had Firebird before, so trying to reinstall that gives me the error; "unable to start"instsvc.exe.""

I can't find any info regarding how to correct this other than people saying, "use MySQL instead."

Well, so I tried that, and after about 7 hours I still couldn't get it to work... even after finally getting MySQL installed Sam installer says something like, "MySQL is not installed," or "cannot find MySQL-NT.EXE"

So how do I just get it to install with Firebird then, I don't need or want MySQL installing 15 diffrent programs on my computer that don't work, Firebird was working just fine for what I need and now it doesn't work.

So what do I do?

PostPosted: December 11th, 2017, 4:00 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Remove Firebird seperately via the built-in uninstaller / from the windows control panel.
If that doesn't work or if it's not listed there, but still has residue left on your computer, you can either get in touch with the Spacial helpdesk or the Firebird community.
Honestly, nobody in this forum knows anything but the very basics about Firebird.

Firebird is nice for small applications that need structured data, but once Firebird crashes you're out there on your own. That's why advanced users will always recommend MySQL over Firebird.

Never seen that error message about MySQL. I don't even know why it would check if MySQL was installed. There's no need for that since MySQL could very well run on a completely different machine.
mysqlD-nt.exe is the MySQL service file, but any complaints about that should only ever come from MySQL itself and not from SAM.

Which version of MySQL did you install? Did you enter the proper credentials in the SAM installer config dialog?

I once did a tutorial video on how to switch SAM to MySQL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJU5f3nZYtI
This is a bit outdated, mostly because the way to find the correct MySQL open source installer has changed, but the SAM configuration stuff should still look pretty much the same. Maybe that can help you find where you took the wrong turn...

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: December 11th, 2017, 10:35 pm 
New User
New User

I installed firebird separately; then Sam would install...except when I try to start the encoder to stream to shoutcast, I get "error."

So what do I do to configure it correctly? I can't find any settings to adjust anywhere.

PostPosted: December 12th, 2017, 7:59 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

dukeeastwood wrote:
So what do I do to configure it correctly? I can't find any settings to adjust anywhere.

You start at this screen to select the database type:
Attachment:
sambc-configure-screen.PNG
sambc-configure-screen.PNG [ 53.54 KiB | Viewed 791 times ]

Once selected you should end up in this one:
Attachment:
sambc-configure-screen-2-mysql.PNG
sambc-configure-screen-2-mysql.PNG [ 14.24 KiB | Viewed 791 times ]

Default Settings leaves you no chance to configure anything and uses the following default settings: ip/hosts localhost, port 3306, user root, no password.

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode