It is currently October 17th, 2019, 5:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 6th, 2019, 8:24 am 
Senior User
Senior User

WTF ... I just clicked on Help > Check for updates and I did get this message

"Update check requires valid registration key"

the registration key is fully valid.
The product is payed (and spacial audio didn't give me back money 8) )

The copy of SAM is also activated

PostPosted: April 6th, 2019, 9:16 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Is your license key valid for 2019.1?
Did you maybe use up all 3 activations?

Other than these general hints, all activation related stuff must go through the official helpdesk. There's no way either the SVS team or any regular user could help you with that.
Usually it takes 1-2 workdays for Spacial to respond and solve activation problems. That's probably not what you want to hear, but it's the way things work at Spacial.

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: April 6th, 2019, 10:40 am 
Senior User
Senior User

Mastacheata wrote:
Is your license key valid for 2019.1?
Did you maybe use up all 3 activations?

Other than these general hints, all activation related stuff must go through the official helpdesk. There's no way either the SVS team or any regular user could help you with that.
Usually it takes 1-2 workdays for Spacial to respond and solve activation problems. That's probably not what you want to hear, but it's the way things work at Spacial.

I bought it about 2 weeks ago and the key is the one Spacial Audio sent to me via email (in 2 documents).

It was activated on 2 PCs. The second one had to be updated then I de-activated it on that PC and uninstalled, before to re-install it on the brand new one.
The other one is installed and activated on the former radio server (the one that now is off due moving, and it will be reactivated in a couple of months).

EDIT
bought on 26-03-2019
and the upgrade end-date is 26-03-2020

PostPosted: April 8th, 2019, 2:59 am 
Senior User
Senior User

No way to solve it.

It looks clearly they totally miss the point related installation, and there is no way to have clear communication.

I do regret to have purchase from them :-/

They are telling that the fact the software is installed on 2 machines violates eula.
worry but 1 machine is broadcasting
the other one is back-up!

jeez!

PostPosted: April 8th, 2019, 1:38 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

My experience with Spacial support is very limited. I've used them like 2-3 times in 10+ years to reset my activations.
Usually they reset exactly ONE activation, the one that has been activated the longest time.
That can sometimes cause problems when you have a main machine running for years and a dev/test/backup machine that gets upraded/exchanged regularly.
In my case I usually talk to them after I switch computers or killed another windows and haven't properly uninstalled SAM before.

Tormy wrote:
They are telling that the fact the software is installed on 2 machines violates eula.

Interesting. Not sure if that EULA changed recently, but back when I got my SAM 4 and 2013 licenses you were allowed to have 2 installations at the same time and technically the limit was 3. Obviously the License terms always disallowed using more than one license at the same time. The second one was always supposed to be hot standby at most.

Tormy wrote:

Totally understand that. I don't like the company either, but the software is still the best for my purposes.

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:

PostPosted: April 8th, 2019, 3:05 pm 
Senior User
Senior User

Mastacheata wrote:
My experience with Spacial support is very limited. I've used them like 2-3 times in 10+ years to reset my activations.
Usually they reset exactly ONE activation, the one that has been activated the longest time.
That can sometimes cause problems when you have a main machine running for years and a dev/test/backup machine that gets upraded/exchanged regularly.
In my case I usually talk to them after I switch computers or killed another windows and haven't properly uninstalled SAM before.

I did get this with my first installation. i don't know if you recall, i did it on a old pentium. Well, ti was better to avoid it ad the end. So I deactivated SAM and uninstalled from it. Then I bought a i3 4 cores 4GB, that I can expand till 8 GB ... the songs/scripts etc are contained into a SD cart of 128GB.

The other PC is in France. As you remember, this one I was used to connect via Team Viewer. Now it's off due moving.

Tormy wrote:

Interesting. Not sure if that EULA changed recently, but back when I got my SAM 4 and 2013 licenses you were allowed to have 2 installations at the same time and technically the limit was 3. Obviously the License terms always disallowed using more than one license at the same time. The second one was always supposed to be hot standby at most.[/quote]

I can't imagine to open a ticket and to wait for their time, in case of computer switch.
This is not something acceptable in 2019.
Yes I can install and activate it, till 3 machines.
The EULA states that I have to be the only one to have access to them etc... this make me laugh. I understand the goal, but in many of the cases in a radio, this is not doable ... bah ...

Tormy wrote:

Totally understand that. I don't like the company either, but the software is still the best for my purposes.[/quote]

I do agree, ti's the best, to me, in the world in this moment and at this price ... but the company

PostPosted: April 8th, 2019, 3:13 pm 
Senior User
Senior User

Is there a way to check in the User Zone how many times you've downloaded/installed SAM and how many you have remaining? I logged in but can't see it there and I also can't see how to deactivate a computer. Thanks.

PostPosted: April 8th, 2019, 3:53 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

As far as I know there is no self-service whatsoever for the activation system of SAM.
You can neither see how many activations you have used, nor can you reset an unused installation from remote. (The activation used up by installing SAM once will be returned to the pool if you properly run the uninstaller while connected to the internet)

Only the helpdesk employees of Spacial can see and reset activations connected to your Spacial Userzone account/serial number.

My Project:

PostPosted: April 9th, 2019, 12:13 am 
Senior User
Senior User

mgrayeb wrote:
Is there a way to check in the User Zone how many times you've downloaded/installed SAM and how many you have remaining? I logged in but can't see it there and I also can't see how to deactivate a computer. Thanks.

Hi Mgreb.

I installed 1 time on a Pentium (old one) for some of days and activated it.
Then I bought a new PC and I have deactivated it and uninstalled it from the pentium.

So I installed it on the new PC.
On my PC in France, I installed it and activated it some day later. Now that PC is off because is back-up machine.

PostPosted: April 11th, 2019, 12:15 am 
Senior User
Senior User

Solved.

there was an issue with my XML file, tehy told.
Now it works

PostPosted: April 19th, 2019, 12:26 pm 
New User
New User

Tormy wrote:
Mastacheata wrote:
In my case I usually talk to them after I switch computers or killed another windows and haven't properly uninstalled hamsterx.co SAM before.

[b]I did get this with my first installation. i don't know if you recall, i did it on a old pentium. Well, ti was better to avoid it ad the end. So I deactivated SAM and uninstalled from it. Then I bought a i3 4 cores 4GB, that I can expand till 8 GB ... the songs/scripts etc are contained into a SD cart of 128GB.

The other PC is in France. As you remember, this one I was used to connect via Team Viewer. Now it's off due moving.

Tormy wrote:

Interesting. Not sure if that EULA changed recently, but back when I got my SAM 4 and 2013 licenses you were allowed to have 2 installations at the same time and technically the limit was 3. Obviously the License terms always disallowed using more than one license at the same time. The second one was always supposed to be hot standby at most.[/b]

I can't imagine to open a ticket and to wait for their time, in case of computer switch.
This is not something acceptable in 2019.
Yes I can install and activate it, till 3 machines.
The EULA states that I have to be the only one to have access to them etc... this make me laugh. I understand the goal, but in many of the cases in a radio, this is not doable ... bah ...

Tormy wrote:

I also regret that i purchase from them, only had problems too :oops:

PostPosted: May 21st, 2019, 10:53 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Deleted the Spambot's post and the one referencing it.
The spam-bot-text was copy pasted from an earlier entry in this same thread.
This is a horrible attempt at circumventing the moderation limit by making seemingly relevant posts and only starting with the SPAM one they survived the moderation limit.

My Project: