Skip to Content
It is currently June 16th, 2019, 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 27th, 2019, 5:28 pm 
Senior User
Senior User

Hi team... I just noticed this in the last few days...

Whenever I'm listening to my station online every few minutes or so I'll hear a really high-pitched tone that only lasts for a fraction of a second, then it'll go away for a few minutes. Then if I'm listening again, I'll notice it again. This does NOT happen while I'm listening to it in AIR mode from the console.

Instead of 48 kbps, I'm now streaming in 64 kbps, but I don't think switching the bitrate is the cause. If it is, I'd sure like to know! I haven't gone back to 48 kbps since but maybe I'll try that and see what happens.

I've made sure that my sound drivers are current and checked my sound settings, but it still continues. I can't listen online anymore very much because of it. If you weren't listening for it, you'd probably never hear it.

My sound system is an older Cambridge Soundworks surround-sound system that I've been using for 20+ years and never had a days problem with it except to change the fuses in the sub-woofer every now and then. Fuses simply wear out after 7 or 8 years, and have to be replaced anyway. There's nothing physically wrong with the system. The sound is awesome and if it ever wore out I don't know where I'd get something to replace it and update it to today's technology.

Maybe if someone from here listened to my stream for a high pitched tone that emits every few minutes and possibly help me narrow down how to fix it, that I could eliminate it from the stream.

PostPosted: April 28th, 2019, 10:59 pm 
Senior User
Senior User

I think I've solved this issue. It seemed that in my Encoder setup, I had "Sampling Rate" set to "Auto". I changed this to 44100 Hz, and I don't hear the high pitched tone anymore. Who knew it could be something so annoying yet simple to resolve?