Skip to Content
It is currently February 26th, 2021, 10:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 5th, 2021, 2:29 pm 
New User
New User

I am a newbie radio station Mac person trying to deal with a PC-based SAM. I have watched many tutorials. However, I would like a very basic manual for SAM, like a "SAM for Dummies" that identifies each module's menu choices and clearly explains what they do. A step-by-step guide for how to do very basic things like broadcast live or to set up PSAs? An extensive Troubleshooting Guide would be helpful as well. I understand that SAM may not be the best program for what we do but we have to work with it for now.

Thank you.

PostPosted: January 5th, 2021, 6:34 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

The old manual that's still included as a file inside SAM's help folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\SpacialAudio\SAMBC\help\sam-bc.chm) might be of interest as a manual for that stuff. It has however not been updated after SAM4 and if I remember correctly, still shows the old style of menus. That said, not much has changed in the general layout of SAM since then.

For a more step-by-step guide on how to set up your first station with SAM, I can strongly recommend checking out the Spacial YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/spacial
(You'll have to search a little, their focus has shifted massively since they relabeled their cloud offering from SAM Vibe to SAM Broadcaster Cloud. Ever since, SAMBC Pro is treated like the literal step-child to the company. They keep adding minor new features and support it with maintenance updates, but there's one SAM Pro video for every 10-20 SAM Cloud videos)

If you have any specific questions, the forum is a great place to ask if you come with a little patience. (Or you can go and ask the official helpdesk for support. I can't guarantee which option is faster, but the helpdesk will at least guarantee you an initial response within one or two working days. On the forums you might have to wait two weeks to get a response if things are busy for those who frequent the forums)

Shop for readymade PAL scripts by countrywesterndj - Or get a custom script made by me (or others)

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode