Skip to Content
It is currently January 29th, 2022, 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: November 14th, 2021, 6:49 pm 
Senior User
Senior User

I installed MySQL, SAM and Shoutcast DNAS on a Windows 2019 virtual server in VMWare, and now when I try to connect to it using MySQL workbench, I get the following from my website (see attached):

"<host> is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server."

My server is 192.168.0.34, and has an active password using 'root', but it still refuses to connect. It's connecting to the Shoutcast Servers and is cycling through songs, and I can hear it, and the status of SAM is that it's up and running and TOUCH is OK. I just need to be able to get to that VM from Workbench and when I enter the server at 192.168.0.34:8000 which I can't do at the moment. ('hitronhub.home' is coming from my cable modem, where the ports are open, 8000-8001, 1221 for requests, and 3306 for MySQL.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,
Dan

Attachments:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 8.23 KiB | Viewed 335 times ]

PostPosted: November 14th, 2021, 7:33 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

This is not a connection issue. The connection was successful, but you have no root@...hitronhub... user.
MySQL by default only comes with a root@localhost user, so you don't get the horrible idea to use the root user for non-management tasks.

The best solution would be to add a new user with a wildcard for the hostname and grant that new user all privileges on the samdb database only.
The worst solution to this problem would be to rename the root@localhost user to root@% and thus basically creating a root user that can connect from everywhere.

Note: MySQL is a service and usually runs with Administrator privileges. The root user in MySQL has full access to all database functions including filesystem access and executing arbitrary commands on the host machine with the privileges of the user that runs MySQL (most likely the System Administrator)

Shop for readymade PAL scripts by countrywesterndj - Or get a custom script made by me (or others)

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2021, 12:56 am 
Senior User
Senior User

The solution is to install MySQL Workbench on my MySQL server, and under 'Users and Privileges' add a % sign in the "From Host" box for root and samusr. That did it for me, then my box was able to connect properly.

Attachments:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 5.82 KiB | Viewed 241 times ]