Skip to Content
It is currently October 31st, 2014, 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: August 18th, 2009, 11:24 am 
Junior User
Junior User

We have 5 or 6 different DJs at different locations, and we want to be able to stream the Now Playing and album art to the page.

I have read and re - read the SAM tips, the LA country tips, and they make some sense, but the actual mechanics of doing this eludes me.

We all use Filezilla for our FTP and all have access to it.

Can we upload all the album art to that and have it feed to the SAM page?

And I need the point and click steps to make this happen. The SAM help files are go only so far.

For example, when it says something like " change the _config.html file to your needs", what does that mean?? :?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have looked through this forum, and haven't seen my topic repeated, but I apologize if I am flogging a dead horse.

B

PostPosted: August 18th, 2009, 1:53 pm 
Alumni
Alumni

Are all the DJs using SAM? If you're using sanHTMweb for your webpages:

Each DJ would have his/her own _config.html file and would have to regenerate the playlists when his/her show started. When the next DJ took over, or if broadcast went back to your original SAM, you would have to regenerate again yourself.

WE DANCE AS ONE: A Celebration In Groove
All That Is GOOD In Dance Music from the
70's, 80's, 90's and Now... plus some of the
best DJs from around the world.
http://www.wda1.com

PostPosted: August 19th, 2009, 5:07 pm 
Junior User
Junior User

Yes, they all have SAM..so before each show, just have each one "generate playlist"?

PostPosted: August 19th, 2009, 6:58 pm 
Alumni
Alumni

That, plus they need access to your streaming audio server obviously, to get their audio out there.

PostPosted: August 19th, 2009, 7:44 pm 
Junior User
Junior User

Yes, they do. We simply handoff by one person stopping the encoder, while the other starts it. Seems to work very well.

PostPosted: August 26th, 2009, 1:16 am 
Experienced User
Experienced User

barrister wrote:
We have 5 or 6 different DJs at different locations, and we want to be able to stream the Now Playing and album art to the page.

I have read and re - read the SAM tips, the LA country tips, and they make some sense, but the actual mechanics of doing this eludes me.

We all use Filezilla for our FTP and all have access to it.

Can we upload all the album art to that and have it feed to the SAM page?

Barrister, the easiest way to do this, is to go into your SAM, go to Config>HTML Output. From there you will see where you can place all your FTP upload information, enter all your necessary details in there, and do not worry about a 3rd Party FTP, those are mainly used for updating websites. Also, once you have all the FTP info in there, if you are well skilled in HTML you can edit colors and settings of your SAM Requester. PHP, well that's a whole new jungle.

barrister wrote:
And I need the point and click steps to make this happen. The SAM help files are go only so far.

For example, when it says something like " change the _config.html file to your needs", what does that mean?? :?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have looked through this forum, and haven't seen my topic repeated, but I apologize if I am flogging a dead horse.

B

When it says to change the _config.html that file there is the main request file used by SAM, so without this file, you have no now playing or requester.

HTML is easily learned, and if you like, reply to this, with your email address, and I can customize you a SAM HTML requester for cheap. I'm skilled in HTML and have customized a few requesters and Now Playing Scripts.

The Only COUNTRY Station That Serves Statesville, NC

PostPosted: December 8th, 2009, 8:58 pm 
Junior User
Junior User

Hey Wayne, sorry to be late responding, that would be super if you could help out....we are glad to pay something reasonable, too...

just send to bobbyl1960@gmail.com

Thanks

PostPosted: December 8th, 2009, 10:58 pm 
Experienced User
Experienced User

Emal sent Bobby, check your inbox

PostPosted: April 14th, 2010, 5:56 pm 
New User
New User

Hi Wayne, or anyone else seeing this post. I have an internet radio station, and we need the album art to show up on site. Can you explain, step by step, how this is done. We use SAM as software to stream and dj live. We have the ability to request and dedicate off our website. We just need the Now Playing Album art to show on our website. Thanks in advance, to anyone replying to this! Dj Vipes, Smoke FM Radio.

PostPosted: April 14th, 2010, 6:12 pm 
Experienced User
Experienced User

Vipes,

If you go to the following link, I have a tutorial all set up and easy to follow, just insert all the codes as shown and your Now Playing will work on your site..

viewtopic.php?p=120737#p120737

**EDIT** gotmarci.com is no longer a free service, they require paid signup now, however SAM is partnered with a new service called TuneGenie (http://www.tunegenie.com) easy to setup and runs off a PAL Script**

Last edited by johnblack on June 25th, 2010, 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: May 13th, 2010, 10:56 am 
New User
New User

Hi John and Wayne. The tutorial sorta works for me, and it don't work for the rest of the djs I have on my station. The problem is this: On Sam, we load up all the tags. The album covers don't show up that way, I have to click upload on each song when I dj, for them to appear on site. My other djs when they have the stream or dj, can't get it to work at all. I haI have like 6 djs. We stream through the night. Also, because of the Auto-Generate checked in HTML Output on SAM, if one of my djs boots me off, and he/she streams. my page keeps taking over every 45 seconds. It's ok if I'm around, I just close my Sam. But it not if I'm not around and sleeping. We got djs in different time zones, countries etc. Our website by the way is PHP Nuke based. Could you provide a solution, or let me know how to get this going. Thanks in advance! Vipes.

PostPosted: May 13th, 2010, 11:10 am 
New User
New User

Hi again everyone. Basically, what we want is, a different way besides auto generate, so if another dj takes over, the previous dj's page, doesn't keep taking over, and if a dj has loaded up, and saved his album art on SAM, for it to show up on the website, without having to load up each time, each song while we dj. My djs mentioned, in previous stations, they remembered installing 2 PAL scripts. Thanks in advance again! Vipes.

PostPosted: May 13th, 2010, 11:15 am 
Alumni
Alumni

If you're using multiple DJs and want each to have the ability to do this, each DJ would need FTP access to your website to be able to upload the appropriate files when they're on.
If a remote DJ takes over, you need to make sure YOUR SAM stops sending data.

PostPosted: May 14th, 2010, 4:09 pm 
Experienced User
Experienced User

Andrew makes a required point,

FTP access for ALL DJ'S is required, because each of them need to have seperate folders in the request directory, that way each of them can upload to their own requester, with their own customizations.

Without FTP access, the only thing I can recommend to you Viper is to set up each individual SAM to stop playing at a set time via the Event Scheduler, and to also stop the encoders up to 10 seconds after to prevent a freight train rollover effect.

Do this and you should be ok.

PostPosted: May 14th, 2010, 4:29 pm 
Alumni
Alumni

If you're using samHTMweb, each DJ will have their own SAM, and set up the _config.html in their SAM. They will need the ability to have FTP access to your webhost, and when their show starts, they will need to re-generate their playlists, and you will need to STOP your SAM from broadcasting as well as stopping your SAM from sending FTP info when songs change.

If you're using samPHPweb, it's a bit easier as all the remote DJs will have to do is upload via FTP the config files used by the PHP pages. You will still need to STOP your SAM from running when the remote DJs are connected.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next