Skip to Content
It is currently February 27th, 2021, 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: November 11th, 2017, 6:24 pm 
Junior User
Junior User

It looks like the HTML is having more and more issues and I would love to use the PHPweb but I have no idea how to do it.

I have only been able to find configuration instructions for the config, which I have done. But I don't know how to make it work, how to output Sam to those files or anything else.

Is there a walk through? An idiot proof one? I have the files uploaded to my web domain. The Sam Server is a different machine so I need to know if there is anything else that is special about having the PHPweb, which I know needs a data base to work, communicate with the database on the Sam Server.

Is there such a document? Or is this so people have to pay Spacial to do it for us?

PostPosted: November 12th, 2017, 8:07 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

First you must understand the basic difference between the SAM templates. HTML is a static display language. Meaning is does not change upon page refresh unless you or SAM changes it(eg. automatic upload of a fresh now playing page on song change). PHP is a dynamic language that "talks" to the database and retrieves and displays information based on the tables within database whenever the page is refreshed. No constant upload is required.

All that is required is a web host that supports PHP up to 5.6. I understand the templates fail under PHP 7.1. Your web host must open ports 1221 for SAM and 3306 for mysql or 3305 for Firebird. Upload your samphpweb files from your local Spacial install folder to your host. If you have configured the config.php properly the pages will load and your set for the basic template.

You can contact http://www.palscripts.com/ for a per-pay basis to install your basic samphpweb template. Most likely for economical than Spacial if they even have the time.

PostPosted: November 13th, 2017, 4:18 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Preconditions:
You need to run any of the supported database systems you setup by hand. (Firebird will work as well, but only if you set it up by hand and make sure external access is allowed).
Make sure your provider assigns you a publicly routable IPv4 address. If your provider perfoms carrier-grade NAT, you'll have to make sure your webhost and your computer/home router can communicate via IPv6 as you won't have access to port-forwarding on the IPv4 address of your internet connection.
Set up port-forwarding for the database and if you want to take requests for the SAM request port. (That's 3306 for MySQL and 1221 for the SAM request port, other database systems might vary)
Confirm your provider still runs on PHP5.6 or you'll have to modify several files by hand that are broken by design and no longer tolerated in PHP7.
Edit the config/dbconfig.xml.php file and enter your database credentials there. For hostname enter either the IP address of your home internet connection (if it's static) or get a dynamic hostname from a site like noip.com

Optionally edit the config/config.php (Some entries there will yield a message on the frontpage if not filled in properly)

If you have detailed questions about certain parts of the setup, feel free to ask here and we'll try to help
If you need step by step instructions and hand-holding or someone to set it up for you, give the site mentioned by DJ Cassio a try.

Shop for readymade PAL scripts by countrywesterndj - Or get a custom script made by me (or others)

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: February 17th, 2019, 6:47 pm 
New User
New User

hi i am really really sorry for posting in an old post
but i'v opened both 1221 and 3050 which it says that port in the dbconfig

everything is uploaded everything is set in sam but still nothing i'm getting
status=err
SQL error=Interbase support is not available in this PHP configuration

and i'm using firebird

PostPosted: February 18th, 2019, 7:18 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Interbase is the old name of Firebird.
PHP's extension for connecting to Firebird databases is still called php_interbase.so/php_interbase.dll
As opposed to MySQL, interbase is not built into PHP/shipping by default with PHP.
You need to get the interbase extension for PHP and install it / build it for your PHP version.
If you're testing this on a webhosting account, ask your webhost / admin to install the php_interbase extension and enable it for your account.

Shop for readymade PAL scripts by countrywesterndj - Or get a custom script made by me (or others)

My Project:

PostPosted: February 18th, 2019, 2:47 pm 
New User
New User

is this php_interbase.so/php_interbase.dll a website as i can't get onto it

PostPosted: February 18th, 2019, 3:04 pm 
New User
New User

also is there a way of getting sam into mysql without reinstalling
also i downloaded sam 2013.4 earlier do you have a key if not how much would the key alone be?

PostPosted: February 18th, 2019, 6:13 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

strawbs89 wrote:
also i downloaded sam 2013.4 earlier do you have a key if not how much would the key alone be?

299 USD (https://spacial.com/sam-broadcaster-pro/)
It's not my business if you deal in pirated software, but you're right on the edge of getting banned here.
This is the official forum of the manufacturer of SAM Broadcaster

strawbs89 wrote:
is this php_interbase.so/php_interbase.dll a website as i can't get onto it

No, php_interbase.so is a filename and php_interbase.dll is a filename too.
You need to talk to your webhost and make them install the PHP interbase extension.
If you're running your own PHP, just install and enable the extension in your php.ini (no that's not a website either).

My Project:

PostPosted: February 19th, 2019, 5:59 am 
New User
New User

yeea i'd rather not get banned as this is the only place
i can ask for questions lol so just enable it in php ini