Skip to Content
It is currently February 25th, 2021, 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: playlist/request
PostPosted: January 21st, 2019, 12:16 pm 
Senior User
Senior User

I keep all my music separated in playlists. The default samphpweb page for the 'playlist & request' loads from the music (all) ... Is it possible to have page be one of my playlists? so users could only choose from say for example 'the hits' playlist and not see everything in my sam player for example Christmas music ?

Post subject: Re: playlist/request
PostPosted: January 21st, 2019, 1:12 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Let's put it this way: This is not a setting you could switch on and off in a config file.
Music (All) is special because it's not technically a category.
Music (All) is just a visual representation of all the things that have type S assigned to them.
If you'd like to switch from songtype based display to category based ones, you'll have to adjust the query in class.song.php.
It's not a hard task, but you need to know at least some PHP and SQL in order to get that done.
It might be easier to use the HTML templates for that purpose as there's way less logic and syntax you could do wrong.

Shop for readymade PAL scripts by countrywesterndj - Or get a custom script made by me (or others)

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

Post subject: Re: playlist/request
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2019, 1:29 pm 
Senior User
Senior User

JohnnyO
I do this a few times a year when I enable my holiday music to be available for requesting.
Think of Music (All) as "all viewable" music. What you need is to have folders where you hide other music until you want them visible.
In *Content, where Music (All) is, scroll down to Other and make new folders there.
For instance, I have folders for Christmas, Halloween, Misc, and Hide for Season.
Take the items from Music (All) and drag them to the appropriate folder. When you refresh the Music (All) folder, those tracks are no longer there, and no longer visible to requesters.
When you want them available again, just drag them back to Music (All).