Skip to Content
It is currently February 25th, 2021, 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HTML output
PostPosted: June 19th, 2020, 12:15 pm 
Super User
Super User

Do I have to Add _playlistA through _playlistZ one-by-one to HTML Output in Configuration?

Post subject: Re: HTML output
PostPosted: June 19th, 2020, 3:06 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

No, review the instructions in the file called install.txt in the samHTMLweb directory.

the input file _playlist.html is read by SAM for each pass through your artist's and an output file with the appropriate letter is generated when using the Generate Playlist. Those generated files get upload, since they are static unless you add music and then you would run the generate again and reupload.

PostPosted: June 20th, 2020, 4:31 am 
Super User
Super User

Two questions:

1. I found _playlist.html, but I could not find playlist.html (neither in the AppData folder, nor in the Program Files folder). I used _playlist.html for both input and output. Is this OK? Should I use playlistA.html instead, since that's where you land if you click the Playlist & Requests link?

2. In the AppData folder, the _config.html file is blank, but the one in the Program Files folder has content. If I want to change the _config.html file (eg put in my email address), should I do that to the Program Files version, then drop that into the AppData folder? INSTALL.txt doesn't specify whether I should use the AppData folder or the the Program Files folder.

PostPosted: June 20th, 2020, 7:08 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

1. playlist.html gets generated when you generate playlist in SAM. The location of the input files (those with the leading underscore like _playlist.html) can be anywhere on your computer, SAM just needs to know the location and that is what you are doing in the HTML Output config in SAM. I highly recommend only having one location for these files meaning do not have the same files in different directories to prevent confusion in the future when making changes.

2. Yes, remove duplicate files from the app data to prevent confusion, just make sure you properly tell SAM where to find these files (input and out) in the SAM-->Config>>HTML Output

PostPosted: June 20th, 2020, 7:46 am 
Super User
Super User

1. I did click Generate Playlist, but playlist.html was not created, so I put playlistA.html into Configure/HTML/Playlist output. The playlist populates OK.

2. INSTALL.txt says to edit _config.html as needed. So, I started with the email address. However, the Program Files (86)/Spacial Audio/SAMBC/samHTMLweb folder refuses to accept any changes. How do I edit _config.html?

3. Requests are not working at all. I tried various times, and none ever cue up or play.

PostPosted: June 20th, 2020, 8:00 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

dj001 wrote:
Two questions:

1. I found _playlist.html, but I could not find playlist.html (neither in the AppData folder, nor in the Program Files folder).

That's to be expected. Unless you change the _playlist.html template to output a singular file instead of 27 files (playlistA.html - playlistZ.html and playlist0.html), you will not see a playlist.html file. The output filename in SAM is just the "base" filename.
i.e.: If output is set to playlist.html it will generate the aforementioned playlistA.html, if you set it to superduperplaylist.html it will generate superduperplaylistA.html and so forth.
Another example: If you put playlistA.html in the Output field, you will get playlistAA.html to playlistAZ.html and playlistA0.html

Quote:
I used _playlist.html for both input and output. Is this OK? Should I use playlistA.html instead, since that's where you land if you click the Playlist & Requests link?

Nope, neither of that is correct. If you set the output to _playlist.html you will get _playlistA.html and will need to adjust all other files to be aware of the new naming scheme. The templates "as is" are meant to use _* files as input and matching names without underscore in front as output.

The HTML Output configuration for SAM should have ONE entry only in the Playlist HTML output section. It should refer to a _playlist.html file in the input file field and a playlist.html file in the output file field. (These files are generated and uploaded only if you explicitly tell SAM to do so)
There should be 2 entries in the General HTML output section (These files are generated and uploaded for every track played)

Quote:
2. In the AppData folder, the _config.html file is blank, but the one in the Program Files folder has content. If I want to change the _config.html file (eg put in my email address), should I do that to the Program Files version, then drop that into the AppData folder? INSTALL.txt doesn't specify whether I should use the AppData folder or the the Program Files folder.

That's because the templates and instructions weren't updated for Windows Vista and newer.
You can't use the ones in Program files by default, because SAM can't write to that folder. (That is a security feature in Windows so Programs can't modify their own or other executable files)

You should only ever change files in the AppData folder (SAM refers to that as Data folder and userdir)

Shop for readymade PAL scripts by countrywesterndj - Or get a custom script made by me (or others)

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: June 20th, 2020, 8:02 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Program Files(86) is a protected directory with limited write access. It would have been better to install SAM in a directory not under Program Files (86). Copy _config.html to another location edit it and upload it, it does not get read by SAM from your local computer.

FYI, HTML requests are processed by AudioRealm, they are not sent directly to your SAM like they are in PHP, but the _config.html has to get setup first before it will work.

PostPosted: June 20th, 2020, 8:25 am 
Super User
Super User

1. About editing _config.html, which is empty in the AppData folder, I copied the contents from the file in the Program Files(x86) folder into the AppData file, changed the email address, but the email link still goes to the generic address from the Program Files file. HTML Output Reference said to use the Program Files folder for _playing.html and songinfo.html. Is that incorrect? Should I use the AppData folder instead, so that I can at least edit the files?

2. Audiorealm just reports what is going on with my SAM, correct? The stream is always the SAM stream, right? Audiorealm can't play its own requests from my broadcast, can it? When I try a request, it doesn't show up either in SAM or in Audiorealm, anyway.

PostPosted: June 20th, 2020, 8:35 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

dj001 wrote:
1. About editing _config.html, which is empty in the AppData folder, I copied the contents from the file in the Program Files(x86) folder into the AppData file, changed the email address, but the email link still goes to the generic address from the Program Files file. HTML Output Reference said to use the Program Files folder for _playing.html and songinfo.html. Is that incorrect? Should I use the AppData folder instead, so that I can at least edit the files?

If you copy files to AppData and edit them and save them, all should be fine.
If you edit files in Program Files and/or point SAM to output files into Program Files, that will fail. SAM does not have the permission to write to Program Files (unless you're still on Windows XP, 2000, Me, 98SE, NT4.0, 98, 95).

dj001 wrote:
2. Audiorealm just reports what is going on with my SAM, correct? The stream is always the SAM stream, right? Audiorealm can't play its own requests from my broadcast, can it? When I try a request, it doesn't show up either in SAM or in Audiorealm, anyway.

When you click request it should open a popup window at request.audiorealm.com, which in turn will forward your request to your-sam-ip:1221
Any change in _config.html only takes effect after you clicked Tools->HTML Output->Generate Playlist (The playing/songinfo files will be generated automatically as soon as you start a new track)

Shop for readymade PAL scripts by countrywesterndj - Or get a custom script made by me (or others)

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

Post subject: deleted
PostPosted: June 20th, 2020, 8:47 am 
Super User
Super User

deleted