Skip to Content
It is currently February 25th, 2021, 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 25th, 2020, 4:24 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

That's very strange, but as a quick and dirty fix: you can just enter the same values in _header where it tries to use the variables from _config. AFAIK that's the only place they're used and bundling all options in _config which is then loaded by all other files is just "for comfort".

Shop for readymade PAL scripts by countrywesterndj - Or get a custom script made by me (or others)

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: June 25th, 2020, 6:39 am 
Super User
Super User

still not working
Quote:
Sorry, your request failed. The radio station responded with:
Unable to connect to 192.168.1.99:1221. Station might be offline, or connection is being blocked. (Err#: 803)

PostPosted: June 25th, 2020, 7:08 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

A) Could you be changing the wrong files?
i.e.: You edit the files in AppData, but instructed SAM to base the generation on the ones in Program Files?
Double-Check the HTML Output config in SAM and also check the files on your computer (do the timestamps of the playlistA.html etc. files line up with what you'd expect from when you last clicked the Generate Playlist button?)

B) If that matches, check with an FTP client or the web interface file manager of your webhost the timestamps on the FTP server/your website (You could also check the FTP Log in SAM)

If you find a problem at A), change the directory where SAM picks up the templates and outputs the templates to both pick the template FROM the AppData folder and PUT the generated static files into the AppData folder.

If you find a problem only in B), double-check the FTP credentials and the path given to the SAM config. It's hard to give more detailed instructions here as every webhost is a bit different.

Shop for readymade PAL scripts by countrywesterndj - Or get a custom script made by me (or others)

My Project:

PostPosted: June 26th, 2020, 7:28 am 
Super User
Super User

Mastacheata wrote:
A) Could you be changing the wrong files? i.e.: You edit the files in AppData, but instructed SAM to base the generation on the ones in Program Files?
INSTALL.txt doesn't say which folder of the two to use. HTML Output Reference says use Program Files. This is wrong, because Program Files(x86) prevents you from editing _config.html. Am I supposed to only send Output files to the Program folder? Also, playlist.html simply does not exist anywhere. I used _playlist.html for Output, since there was no other option.
Mastacheata wrote:
Double-Check the HTML Output config in SAM and also check the files on your computer (do the timestamps of the playlistA.html etc. files line up with what you'd expect from when you last clicked the Generate Playlist button?)
I just generated website and playlist. playlistA-playlistZ, playing, and songinfo are stamped right now. However, header is yesterday, nav four days ago, config five, and AZlist six -- basically when I last edited them.
Mastacheata wrote:
B) If that matches, check with an FTP client or the web interface file manager of your webhost the timestamps on the FTP server/your website (You could also check the FTP Log in SAM). If you find a problem at A), change the directory where SAM picks up the templates and outputs the templates to both pick the template FROM the AppData folder and PUT the generated static files into the AppData folder.
I use AppData for both already.
Mastacheata wrote:
If you find a problem only in B), double-check the FTP credentials and the path given to the SAM config. It's hard to give more detailed instructions here as every webhost is a bit different.
By that, you mean SAM machine IP and port? These are correct, and playing.html functions properly.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2020, 10:41 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

dj001 wrote:
Mastacheata wrote:
A) Could you be changing the wrong files? i.e.: You edit the files in AppData, but instructed SAM to base the generation on the ones in Program Files?
INSTALL.txt doesn't say which folder of the two to use. HTML Output Reference says use Program Files. This is wrong, because Program Files(x86) prevents you from editing _config.html. Am I supposed to only send Output files to the Program folder? Also, playlist.html simply does not exist anywhere. I used _playlist.html for Output, since there was no other option.

This is again due to the fact that the templates were last updated in the early 2000s and even then the instructions were simply taken from the previous generation of templates.

It doesn't really matter where you put the files as long as you're consistent or aware of the differences.
SAM will upload the generated/output file, no matter where you put that.
The output location is only important for 2 things:
#1 SAM needs to be able to write to that location (unless you explicitly run SAM as Administrator, you can not write to Program Files, Program Files (x86) and Windows (including subdirectories).)
#2 SAM will read the files from that location in order to upload them using the FTP credentials specified below the file list. If the files don't exist, SAM cannot upload them.

In the lower (playlist) pane, the output file should be playlist.html (no underscore). It's perfectly fine that there is no such file in Windows explorer. This is only the name from which SAM will base the playlist filenames off. It's only neccessary that the _playlist.html file exists, because that is where SAM reads it's instructions from. The files without underscore will be created by SAM if they're not there or will be overwritten if they already exist.

Input file: C:\Users\dj001\AppData\Local\SpacialAudio\SAMBC\samHTMLweb\_playlist.html
Output file: C:\Users\dj001\AppData\Local\SpacialAudio\SAMBC\samHTMLweb\playlist.html

It's also fine that after clicking Generate Playlist there will still be no file named playlist.html. That is the way it's meant to be for the playlist file (at least the one that comes with SAM).
The included _playlist.html file will not have a single corresponding generated file. Instead there will be 27 generated files that correspond to the single _playlist.html. They will be named playlistA.html to playlistZ.html and Number 27 will be called playlist0.html. Each of these playlist files contains only those tracks where the artist starts with the letter in the filename or with a number.

Since there can't be any track that starts with nothing, there's no need for a playlist.html (aka playlist<nothing>.html).
The only way to get a playlist.html without any letter or number is by changing the _playlist.html template and instruct SAM to build a single large playlist file containing all the tracks.

I will not explain how to do that, as it will only confuse you more with no apparent benefit. If you absolutely want this, read the HTML Output reference and understand the templating system of SAM for yourself first.

dj001 wrote:
Mastacheata wrote:
I just generated website and playlist. playlistA-playlistZ, playing, and songinfo are stamped right now. However, header is yesterday, nav four days ago, config five, and AZlist six -- basically when I last edited them.

The _ files should only change when you edit them. These are just instructions that tell SAM how to create the corresponding files without leading underscore.

The files without a leading underscore are created by SAM on song change or when you click generate playlist. playing.html and songinfo.html should have last modified dates close to when your last song started playing.
playlistA.html to playlistZ.html and playlist0.html should have timestamps close to the time you clicked "generate playlist".

dj001 wrote:
Mastacheata wrote:
If you find a problem at A), change the directory where SAM picks up the templates and outputs the templates to both pick the template FROM the AppData folder and PUT the generated static files into the AppData folder.
I use AppData for both already.

That's good then.

dj001 wrote:
Mastacheata wrote:
By that, you mean SAM machine IP and port? These are correct, and playing.html functions properly.

so playing.html gets updated every time you change a song, but playlistA.html to playlistZ.html and playlist0.html don't change if you click the generate playlist button? -> That means you have a problem in step A.

My Project:

PostPosted: June 26th, 2020, 11:51 am 
Super User
Super User

I just manually deleted the underscore from the playlist output pane.
Whenever I click generate playlist, playlist0, playlistA, playlistZ, generate just fine.
I still get the error message when I request a track.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2020, 12:30 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Check the playlistA.html or any of the others on your computer to see if they have the 192 address in them.

My Project:

PostPosted: June 26th, 2020, 12:56 pm 
Super User
Super User

Mastacheata wrote:
Check the playlistA.html or any of the others on your computer to see if they have the 192 address in them.
No, you had suggested I put in the SAM machine IP into the header, so that's what is there now.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2020, 1:02 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

So the playlistA.html does not contain the 192.168 IP address and instead it has the public IP you entered in the _header file, is that right?

If you don't want to learn how the templates work inside out, you'll just have to trust me when I tell you to check a certain file.

My Project:

PostPosted: June 26th, 2020, 2:07 pm 
Super User
Super User

Mastacheata wrote:
So the playlistA.html does not contain the 192.168 IP address and instead it has the public IP you entered in the _header file, is that right?
Yes, but requests didn't work even before I changed the header.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2020, 3:10 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Your requests (at least all the attempts you reported so far) fail because one or all of your generated HTML files still has the 192 IP set inside.

SAM generates the playlistA.html file by combining the separate template files: _config.html, _header.html, _AZlist.html, _footer.html and _playlist.html
_playlist.html is composed of the common header (with your logo, the name of the station and some JS and CSS), the list of letters, the actual playlist, then again the list of letters and last the common footer (the part where it says that you're using software from Spacial blablabla).

The _header.html in turn consists of _config, then the header stuff, then _nav, then _top10requests (that list isn't displayed at all if there is no recorded request history) and _partners (the SAM and Audiorealm buttons)

The important part here is: _header and _config are included within every generated HTML file and whatever it says in the part where _header is inserted and transformed by SAM determines where Audiorealm will send your requests.

If you open the source code of your http://radioafricaonline.com/samHTMLweb/playlistA.html page (In firefox this is a direct link to the source view: view-source:http://radioafricaonline.com/samHTMLweb/playlistA.html, if that doesn't work, right click an empty spot on the page and click "view source", you'll see at the very top:

Code:
<!-- Javascript for request and songinfo actions -->
        <script type="text/javascript">
            /**
             * Open a popup window to send a song request to SAM
             */
            function request(songID)
            {
                var samhost = "192.168.1.99";
                var samport = "1221";
                requestAudioRealm(songID, samhost, samport);
            }
        </script>

If that's different in the playlistA.html on your computer, that means there is a problem with uploading this file.
By default there should be an FTP Log window on Desktop B of SAM. Check the messages in there, scroll to the very bottom and maybe write down the last 2-3 messages here.

My Project:

PostPosted: June 27th, 2020, 5:09 am 
Super User
Super User

playlistA source shows SAM machine IP address, I make a request, get an error message, nothing shows in Desktop B Event Log.

PostPosted: June 27th, 2020, 4:37 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

dj001 wrote:
playlistA source shows SAM machine IP address

The private/LAN IP or the public IP from your ISP?

Quote:
I make a request, get an error message, nothing shows in Desktop B Event Log.

Obviously, if the request errors, there's nothing in the Event Log.
That's why I asked about the FTP Log and not the Event Log.

My Project:

PostPosted: June 28th, 2020, 3:57 am 
Super User
Super User

The IP address I use is the one I get when I navigate to v4ident.me. If that's the wrong one, how do I get the correct one?

I just made generated web, generated playlist, and made a request. I got the same error message. Here is the FTP log
Code:
~ FTP log
< 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
< 220-You are user number 3 of 200 allowed.
< 220-Local time is now 08:51. Server port: 21.
< 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
< 220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
> USER henrys
< 331 User henrys OK. Password required
> PASS ********
< 230 OK. Current directory is /
> TYPE I
< 200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
> CWD /radioafricaonline.com/samHTMLweb/
< 250 OK. Current directory is /radioafricaonline.com/samHTMLweb
> PWD
< 257 "/radioafricaonline.com/samHTMLweb" is your current location
> PORT 192,168,1,99,228,78
< 200 PORT command successful
> STOR playing.html
< 150 Connecting to port 58446
< 226-File successfully transferred
< 226 0.233 seconds (measured here), 98.37 Kbytes per second
! 23509 bytes received/sent in 0 seconds (100465 Bytes/sec)
> PORT 192,168,1,99,228,79
> STOR songinfo.html
< 150 Connecting to port 58447
< 226 0.148 seconds (measured here), 25.65 Kbytes per second
! 3883 bytes received/sent in 0 seconds (31064 Bytes/sec)
> QUIT
< 221-Goodbye. You uploaded 27 and downloaded 0 kbytes.
< 221 Logout.
< 220-You are user number 3 of 200 allowed.
< 220-Local time is now 08:52. Server port: 21.
> USER henrys
> PASS ********
> TYPE I
> PWD
> PORT 192,168,1,99,228,85
> STOR playing.html
< 150 Connecting to port 58453
< 226 0.263 seconds (measured here), 87.21 Kbytes per second
! 23509 bytes received/sent in 0 seconds (88713 Bytes/sec)
> PORT 192,168,1,99,228,86
> STOR songinfo.html
< 150 Connecting to port 58454
< 226 0.138 seconds (measured here), 27.52 Kbytes per second
! 3883 bytes received/sent in 0 seconds (27539 Bytes/sec)
> QUIT
< 221 Logout.
< 220-You are user number 4 of 200 allowed.
< 220-Local time is now 08:56. Server port: 21.
> USER henrys
> PASS ********
> TYPE I
> PWD
> PORT 192,168,1,99,228,129
> STOR playing.html
< 150 Connecting to port 58497
< 226 0.237 seconds (measured here), 96.67 Kbytes per second
! 23423 bytes received/sent in 0 seconds (100098 Bytes/sec)
> PORT 192,168,1,99,228,130
> STOR songinfo.html
< 150 Connecting to port 58498
< 226 0.141 seconds (measured here), 26.97 Kbytes per second
! 3880 bytes received/sent in 0 seconds (24871 Bytes/sec)
> QUIT
< 221 Logout.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2020, 7:03 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Are you self hosting your web site or are you hosting with a 3rdParty?