Skip to Content
It is currently March 7th, 2021, 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: three questions
PostPosted: October 12th, 2020, 2:20 pm 
Super User
Super User

I'm running SAM 4.9.8 with Firebird/HTML using Windows 7.

1. There's a _top10requests.html file in my SAMBC subfolder. Now Playing and Playlists & Requests are working fine. However, I don't see Top 10 Requested populated into either of those screens. Is there something I need to do?

2. The Request pop-up doesn't have a spot for Dedications. Are dedications reserved for MySQL only?

3. In HTML Output, Generate and Generate Playlist work, but Upload all Pictures freezes SAM.

Post subject: Re: three questions
PostPosted: October 13th, 2020, 8:11 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Since HTML content is static, meaning it won't update itself on your website, SAM must do all the updating on your local computer then upload the results to form your web pages.

1. Any html file with a leading underscore is an input file that SAM uses to populate and produce an output file, this file is the same name without the leading underscore. This output file should get uploaded to your web pages with each song change. Those underscore files should only be located on the computer with SAM. In SAM's config you would need to add the underscore file location on the left side of the input box and the output on the right side in the config HTML output tab.

2. I've never used HTML however IIRC only php requests utilize the dedication feature.

3. I could see that happening if you are trying to upload hundreds, or thousands of pictures at one time. If you are just establishing the pictures for the first time I would suggest using Filezilla to manually upload your cover art until you get caught up.

PostPosted: October 13th, 2020, 8:35 am 
Super User
Super User

1. Config/HTML Output has _playing.html and _songinfo.html in General HTML Output by default. Are you saying all I need to do is add _top10requests.html to General HTML Output? Once I do this and click Generate, then where exactly will I see top10requests on my website?

3. OK, I see 1,999 JPGs in the samHTMLweb pictures folder inside AppData. I don't have FileZilla installed. Any problem if I use my website developer application Sharepoint to upload them? I could drop A-F, see what happens, then G-L, etc. Alternately, I could use my webhost's control panel upload function in Chrome.

PostPosted: October 13th, 2020, 11:17 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

1. Once you add it and the associated outpufile, SAM will add that to the FTP upload on each song change. If you are using the standard template Top 10 requests show up in the left hand column of the website, assuming there are are requests that meet the sql criteria in the input file.

2. Any FTP type program will do

PostPosted: October 13th, 2020, 11:24 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

1. I am incorrect, that is included in the _header.html and does not need to be added seperately in the config. If your TOP10 is not getting populated, then your requests do not meet the criteria or the _top10requests.html is not in a directory where SAM can find it.