Skip to Content
It is currently December 3rd, 2021, 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 10th, 2021, 1:44 pm 
Senior User
Senior User

Hi! I'm finally getting around to updating my stations to the full "/samPHPweb/" files (being forced to, actually, since my web provider is dropping php 5.6.40). My sites use a mixture of the old "/php/" and the newer "/samPHPweb/" files because I could never get the "/samPHPweb/web/playing.php" page to ever show up, although the "/samPHPweb/web/playlist.php" page worked just fine for me. Since the "/php/" versions of that worked (in php 5.6.40), I just kept using that. Well, now I'm being forced to change so I started digging around some more. Luckily I finally found the reason the playing.php wasn't working, and am working on updating all of my code snippets to use the newer code.

My issue...
I can get the dedication name and message to show up for the current song, and for the previous songs, but I can't get it to show up for the upcoming songs. I want more than just "~requested~" in the upcoming songs list. It acts like there is a different keyword (or the keywords are missing) for "dedicationName" and "dedicationMessage" for $comingSong. They work just fine for $currentSong and $recentSong.

I looked through the class.song.php file and I see that getComingSongs does not have dedication information in it like the getRecentSongs function does. I am absolutely horrible about dbase expressions, but I tried to add the lines from getRecent into getComing and that totally bombs the page.

Any thoughts on how I can get this functionality? It works in the old "/php/" version, and I really want to continue seeing the name/message in the new version.

Thanks much!
Terry

PostPosted: July 10th, 2021, 2:04 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Go to code/classes/class.song.php, copy lines 88-91 and insert them after line 48.

Then change h.requestID to q.requestID in what's now line 50.

In the end it should look somewhat like this:
Code:
                    $select = $db->select()
                                             ->from(array('s' => 'songlist'),
                                                            array('*'))
                                             ->join(array('q' => 'queuelist'),
                                                            'q.songID = s.ID',
                                                            array('requestID'))
                                             ->joinLeft(array('r' => 'requestlist'),
                                                               'r.id = q.requestID',
                                                   array('dedicationName' => 'name',
                                                      'dedicationMessage' => 'msg'))
                                             ->where('s.songtype = ?', 'S') //Only return song of type S
                                             ->order('q.sortID ASC')
                                             ->limit(COMING_UP_COUNT);

The templates don't connect the request table to the upcoming tracks by default.

Shop for readymade PAL scripts by countrywesterndj - Or get a custom script made by me (or others)

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: October 14th, 2021, 10:45 am 
Senior User
Senior User

Mastacheata wrote:
Go to code/classes/class.song.php, copy lines 88-91 and insert them after line 48.

Then change h.requestID to q.requestID in what's now line 50.

In the end it should look somewhat like this:
Code:
                    $select = $db->select()
                                             ->from(array('s' => 'songlist'),
                                                            array('*'))
                                             ->join(array('q' => 'queuelist'),
                                                            'q.songID = s.ID',
                                                            array('requestID'))
                                             ->joinLeft(array('r' => 'requestlist'),
                                                               'r.id = q.requestID',
                                                   array('dedicationName' => 'name',
                                                      'dedicationMessage' => 'msg'))
                                             ->where('s.songtype = ?', 'S') //Only return song of type S
                                             ->order('q.sortID ASC')
                                             ->limit(COMING_UP_COUNT);

The templates don't connect the request table to the upcoming tracks by default.

Thanks!!
Although my line numbers, and the code to copy didn't match, I found that mine was missing the joinLeft section. I added that and now it works.
Thanks a bunch!
Tjoe