Skip to Content
It is currently August 4th, 2020, 2:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2020, 1:46 am 
New User
New User

A new DJ would appreciate advice. I wish to run a weekly show with stories interspersed with music (all mp3 files, essentially songs). I want this to happen at a preset time, usually when I am asleep and most of the audience is awake.
I have looked at SamCloudLiveShow - this does connect, but doesn't start playing.
ImportPlaylist looks promising, but I don't know how to manipulate it.
What I want:
Start at the planned time
Activate encoder and connect, making sure I am the live source
Load the (Pre-populated) playlist
Start the deck(s) and work through the list
De-activate the encoder and disconnect.

I am running SAM Live DJ 2010.1.

Any advice is appreciated.

PostPosted: January 24th, 2020, 8:07 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

You could do this alltogether in a single PAL script, but I only recommend that if you're either willing to spend a few hours/days (depending on how computer-savvy you are) learning PAL or willing to spend some money on having it built for you. (I'll put a few hints down below and an address where you can hire someone)

Or you could set up a few event scheduler events, which should be more simple as it has buttons and GUI elements to pick the right stuff.

Also your list has the wrong order: You want to start playing BEFORE you connect the encoder in order to avoid broadcasting silence.

So you start with an Event scheduled a couple of seconds before you actually want to start. That first event should be of type Add Files to Queue and you'll add the playlist to the TOP of the queue. (Pick the playlist file using the buttons on the right hand side)
By default SAM will use the QueueBottom function or put ipBottom as a parameter. Replace that with QueueTop/ipTop.

After adding that, put the following code in the lines below that:
Code:
DeckA.Eject;
DeckB.Eject;
DeckA.Play;

This will eject both decks and then start playing on the A deck.

Last but not least schedule a second event to run at exactly the time you want to start and make it start the encoder.

---

A PAL script can do the same thing all at once, but needs to be written by hand.
You wait for the right time using PAL.WaitForTime.
Then add your playlist to the queue using Queue.AddPlaylist('path:\to\playlist.pls', ipTop);
Then eject and start playing like above.
Last but not least you can eiter start all or just one encoder by looping over the encoders array.

You can either schedule that script using the event scheduler or loop the script and make it check for the right day and time by itself.

---

If neither of these explanations is enough to get you started, check out PALScripts.com.
That site is run by user countrywesterndj from this forum and he should be able to help you in a blaze. (I'm fully booked myself for the next few weeks at least, which is why I'm referring you there directly)

Shop for readymade PAL scripts by countrywesterndj - Or get a custom script made by me (or others)

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: January 24th, 2020, 10:12 pm 
New User
New User

Thank you sir for your time and effort. Your hints were helpful but regrettably my knowledge level is not sufficient to make it work. I am content to pay for this; I have actually sent a message to the link you recommended but they must also be busy. Not to worry - it will happen when it happens.

PostPosted: January 25th, 2020, 2:29 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

PALScripts.com is not a large corporation. The site and all the "off-the-shelf" scripts are made by one person alone. You must definitely and especially on the weekend allow for a couple of days for him to get back to you.
The task at hand doesn't seem overly complicated, so I'm sure he'll get back to you soon.

If there's no response in a week, just contact him on the forums, there might just be a problem with the website. memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=282

Shop for readymade PAL scripts by countrywesterndj - Or get a custom script made by me (or others)

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: February 5th, 2020, 7:03 am 
New User
New User

Mastacheata - I worked it out! Thank you for the guidance - I kept worrying at it until I had it figured. Now I can do what I wanted to. I really appreciate it.