Skip to Content
It is currently March 1st, 2021, 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 27th, 2020, 10:11 pm 
New User
New User

Does anyone know of a PAL command or function to engage or turn on/off the Lock Talk button on the Voice FX window? Would like to stream out Emergency Alert audio. My EAS receiver/decoder provides audio and a relay closure. Think I have a way to send a running PAL a WaitforEvent trigger if I could come up with a way to engage the Lock Talk. If one doesn't exist right now, thought maybe the Encoders.Recording could be a work around. Couldn't get that to function correctly. Tried various forms of syntax. If anyone has any ideas on either please reply. Thanks!

PostPosted: July 28th, 2020, 11:18 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

The VoiceFX player isn't exposed to PAL anymore (as of SAM3, PAL reference says you could somewhat control it like any other player in SAM2, though)

With the Encoders.Recording you could switch from DSP to Soundcard mode for your encoder, but that relies on you having configured the Soundcard input correctly etc.

I would instead suggest using a Microphone/Line-In track for that purpose. In the Queue Window you can click the Plus icon and configure a track that behaves just like any other track inside SAM and can even be stored in the library.
Just copy the filename from the Filename field in the songinfo. You can then add this file via PAL's Queue.AddURL command and paste the filename (starting with mic:// and then the Hardware identifier of the selected input device [for resilience I'd not rely on primary sound device, but explicitly select which soundcard/mic/input device you wanna use])

Code:
mic://?&driver=DS&sounddevice=%7BAA12A34A-5678-9A0C-12A3-4567A8A9012A%7D&packets=10&packettime=10&display=ALERT

Short summary of the idea:
  • Create mic:// pattern by hand using Queue->Add->Mic/LineIn
  • Use Queue.AddURL('mic://...', ipTop) to add it to the top of the quuee
  • Play it on one of your players (optionally, set Studio.DJMode := djManual; so you won't be interrupted by normal autoDJ rules)

Shop for readymade PAL scripts by countrywesterndj - Or get a custom script made by me (or others)

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: July 28th, 2020, 4:17 pm 
New User
New User

Thank You so much! Great idea! Your insight gives me a way to accomplish that easy. It will take a little bit of forethought and programming since the alerts are not predictable when they occur or length, but can add the Mic file to queue, then next to start immediately and use the next function again when end is triggered.

PostPosted: September 5th, 2020, 2:02 am 
New User
New User

Once upon a time I knew that, but forgot over the years. You mention the studio.DJ mode, which brings to mind that someone might can use. Won't go into detail why except I have a Pal do Studio.AudioRecoveryEnable:=false and Studio.djMode :=djManual, at the end of the playing track, play a track in Aux1, then another in Aux2, finally start the next song in the idleplayer. After 5 seconds, change recovery back to true and djmode to djqueue. Anyway once in a while the stream plays the last few seconds before and after the changes. Figured out the encoders were dropping at the change sometimes. So to get around that, load and play a long track in Aux3 (not visible) with the volume at 0, which keeps the encoders from dropping and eject the track from aux3 afterwards. Works great!