Skip to Content
It is currently September 25th, 2018, 9:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 12th, 2014, 5:47 pm 
New User
New User

As the title says

This is incredibly useful for streaming as most players (JetAudio, Winamp with plugin and others) have the MP3Pro decoder built in

BUT, it has the compressed version useful for mobile/tablets and for the website tune in box

PostPosted: October 14th, 2014, 7:07 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Which version of SAM are you talking about?
I'm on 2014.4 and mp3pro encoding is still there.

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: October 14th, 2014, 8:30 pm 
New User
New User

Mastacheata wrote:
Which version of SAM are you talking about?
I'm on 2014.4 and mp3pro encoding is still there.

Oh it is on the main encoder, however its really not as Live DJ's can only use the Vibe streams...

PostPosted: October 15th, 2014, 5:01 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

So you are basically asking for SAM Vibe to switch from AAC+ to mp3pro or at least make that an option?

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:

PostPosted: October 15th, 2014, 8:07 pm 
New User
New User

Mastacheata wrote:
So you are basically asking for SAM Vibe to switch from AAC+ to mp3pro or at least make that an option?

Make it an option

AAC is NOT supported by the major web browsers

MP3Pro plays as standard MP3 if you don't have the decoder built in, meaning ALL players CAN play the stream
However players such as Jetaudio and Winamp CAN decode MP3Pro, meaning for, lets say, a 64kb/s stream, listeners get a 128kb/s stream, but people tuning in through a browser, or on a 3G connected phone/tablet, they only ever stream 64kb/s and I only need to have one stream coming out from Vibe

PostPosted: October 16th, 2014, 5:24 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

AAC+ is supported by all major browser vendors including mobile browsers for HTML5 video and audio.
(Firefox merely supports the older AAC for HTML5 audio, AAC+ is reserved for HTML5 video apparently)

mp3Pro on the other hand is widely unsupported.

My Project:

PostPosted: October 21st, 2014, 5:26 pm 
New User
New User

Mastacheata wrote:
AAC+ is supported by all major browser vendors including mobile browsers for HTML5 video and audio.

mp3Pro on the other hand is widely unsupported.

Now, I must say, both these statements are actually wrong

AAC+ is in NO WAY supported by ANY browser, in fact, both Firefox and Chrome have difficulty using it and as such, any decent web designer will laugh at anyone making a website using it

MP3Pro is merely a packeted form of MP3, which IS supported natively by EVERY browser, including IE (from 8 onwards in fact)

MP3Pro is merely decoded to be smaller than it is, meaning if you don't have the encoder, you hear the lower quality version

BUT, my POINT, is that I want MP3Pro so that the low quality, MP3 stream can be used by mobile devices and website, and... as I said in my initial post... MP3Pro for people using REAL MEDIA APPLICATIONS like Jetaudio, that we recommend to our listeners, OR, the incredibly expensive app, that is now fairly useless, that we had built specifically for my radio station
Meaning that those using a mobile device OR the website from anywhere (including a mobile device) get the easier to stream, 64kb/s stream, where as those that use our app, OR our recommended media players, get the better quality, decoded 128kb/s stream, but still at only a download of 64kb/s

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2014, 12:57 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

First of all: I got your point, I was just pointing out that this is not "bringing back MP3Pro encoding" (SAM Vibe has always been AAC+) and that you should be fine for mobile use with AAC+ and on a desktop there are alternatives to HTML5 like Flash, Silverlight and other native media player plugins.

But for requesting changes to SAM Vibe you should probably refer to the SAM Vibe Knowledge base.
http://support.samvibe.com/categories/2 ... e-Requests

lonesamurai wrote:
both Firefox and Chrome have difficulty using it

Only Firefox has problems, even though they say differently in their developer docs.
From my experiments it looks like Chrome works just fine with AAC+ in HTML5-Audio. (at least on the Fraunhofer test website)

My Project:

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2014, 1:46 pm 
New User
New User

Mastacheata wrote:
First of all: I got your point, I was just pointing out that this is not "bringing back MP3Pro encoding" (SAM Vibe has always been AAC+) and that you should be fine for mobile use with AAC+ and on a desktop there are alternatives to HTML5 like Flash, Silverlight and other native media player plugins.

But for requesting changes to SAM Vibe you should probably refer to the SAM Vibe Knowledge base.
http://support.samvibe.com/categories/2 ... e-Requests

lonesamurai wrote:
both Firefox and Chrome have difficulty using it

Only Firefox has problems, even though they say differently in their developer docs.
From my experiments it looks like Chrome works just fine with AAC+ in HTML5-Audio. (at least on the Fraunhofer test website)

I posted my feature request as soon as I found out I had to run TWO relays to get the same functionality from Vibe as I did from MP3Pro encoding. Unfortunately, my feature request never saw the light of day.

Secondly this IS a SAM Broadcaster request, as I don't DJ from the Vibe software

Thirdly, AAC does not have the functionality I am requesting, so PLEASE stop derailing my feature request with useless info that has no relevance

AAC is completely useless to me, I don't want to use useless Apple related codecs, thank you

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2014, 2:22 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

lonesamurai wrote:
Secondly this IS a SAM Broadcaster request, as I don't DJ from the Vibe software

Sorry if I misunderstood you, but didn't you say you were using SAM Broadcaster Live DJ?

SAM Broadcaster Live DJ is completely transparent with regards to the encoder format. It will simply use whatever the SAM Vibe platform (not neccessarily the SAM Vibe client software) offers.
It is not meant to be used with third party stream hosting other than by relaying the AAC+ SAM Vibe stream

For mp3pro or even plain old mp3, you have 2 options:
#1 Use SAM Broadcaster Lite/Plus(with SpacialNet as your stream host)/Pro/Studio
#2 Convince someone at Spacial to open up the SAM Vibe platform for input in different formats than AAC+ and THEN add that feature in SAM Broadcaster Live DJ.

My Project:

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2014, 2:25 pm 
New User
New User

Mastacheata wrote:
lonesamurai wrote:

#2 Convince someone at Spacial to open up the SAM Vibe platform for input in different formats than AAC+ and THEN add that feature in SAM Broadcaster Live DJ.

THAT IS THE POINT OF THIS THREAD

What I want is MP3Pro to be added to the relay options!

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2015, 1:30 pm 
New User
New User

I am still hoping, nearly a year after I posted this thread, that MP3Pro will be added as an option again in the Vibe relays options, otherwise I will have to seriously look at finding an alternative DJ option for my radio station

I am very annoyed that I paid for new "Updated" software, to find out functionality my station has used since it started in 2007 has been removed!