Skip to Content
It is currently November 16th, 2018, 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Visual Radio
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2015, 8:14 am 
New User
New User

It will be really nice if Sam Broadcaster would add the Visual Radio Feature, so while Sam Broadcaster is playing a music, the music video of the music will play and be broadcast in youtube, livestream or ustream. or if there is no Music Video of the Music. It will show the Album art with now playing info. or maybe a live webcam if there is no metadata on the music file. of-course to play a music video sam must support video formats.

Post subject: Re: Visual Radio
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2015, 1:44 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

That would cover the software side, but have you thought about the licensing stuff already? This is going to cost more and takes a lot more effort to license the videos. Also where would you get the videos? They aren't sold on CD or in online stores like iTunes and you'll have a hard time getting a license for a clip copied from youtube or mtv.
Even for displaying the cover art you'd need to get a proper license from the artist or the label (if the artist granted them permission to sublicense their work)

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2015, 4:36 pm 
New User
New User

Mastacheata wrote:
That would cover the software side, but have you thought about the licensing stuff already? This is going to cost more and takes a lot more effort to license the videos. Also where would you get the videos? They aren't sold on CD or in online stores like iTunes and you'll have a hard time getting a license for a clip copied from youtube or mtv.
Even for displaying the cover art you'd need to get a proper license from the artist or the label (if the artist granted them permission to sublicense their work)

Oh right, I forgot the license, sorry about that :) . Well there is no problem downloading the music video from YouTube, if they don't want some licensing stuff they can always use their live cameras or "royalty-free" graphics. I know it would cover the software side since I know Sam broadcaster is meant for Radio Automation Software, but this feature would be a nice addition for SAM Broadcaster.

PostPosted: July 24th, 2015, 12:23 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

I must be honest and say I've got no idea about US copyright laws, but here in Germany simply taking a music video from Youtube, MTV or some other source who hopefully legitimately licensed the video doesn't count as a valid source that even allows you to get a license for. You need to buy it or get an actual license from the author of the video / artwork and then pay royalties for broadcasting (both music and video)

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:

PostPosted: July 25th, 2015, 5:06 am 
New User
New User

Yeah I think it needed a license to broadcast music videos, I don't know for artwork though, but as I said if they don't want extra cost for licensing they can use only graphics, Live Cameras and the picture of the station logo or radio presentors.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2015, 6:36 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

I think we're talking about different things (I'm not entirely sure, though).
Your last post looks like you are talking about the "license" for the software / what spacial would need to do in order to allow video broadcasting / simulcasting with your "normal" audio stream.

But regardless of that, I guess you understood my remark about anything with accompanying video being horribly expensive and complicated for just a little benefit to your normal streaming business.

My Project:

PostPosted: July 26th, 2015, 7:43 am 
New User
New User

Yep, I do understand your remarks. But I am not talking about the license of the software, I am talking about the license of a radio network. :)