Skip to Content
It is currently July 15th, 2018, 8:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 27th, 2006, 3:49 pm 
Senior User
Senior User

has anyone noticed any problems streaming on Audiorealm? I started getting touch error 404 connection timed out messages once in a while in my SaM event log but now it happens all the time and many people are reporting that they're getting drops and can't connect at all. In case you're wondering, my SaM is set up correctly. Until the last few weeks, I was broadcasting to dozens of people, now I have hardly none because they can't tune in.

People are telling me it takes forever to try to connect. Sometimes they can, somtimes they can't or get dropped. I emailed Audiorealm and they told me there was something about the server being overloaded. The lastd time I emailed them the response was that it wasn't anything to worrry about....

I know for sure my computer, modem, internet and SaM are working fine. I've been doing this long enough to know. I'm just curious if anyone else is having problems.

www.jetcityradio.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 28th, 2006, 7:16 am 
Experienced User
Experienced User

my server is dropping people as well (sc6). Been happening for almost a MONTH now here

looking at the logs, the server will randomly have an error connecting to the YP and then it will immediately jettison a dozen or so listeners - POOF! then they have to re-connect. NOT GOOD.

I have an open help desk ticket... hasnt been resolved yet.

server overloaded? what kind of excuse is that?

i'm not paying for shoddy service.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 28th, 2006, 2:34 pm 
Senior User
Senior User

JohnW wrote:
my server is dropping people as well (sc6). Been happening for almost a MONTH now here

looking at the logs, the server will randomly have an error connecting to the YP and then it will immediately jettison a dozen or so listeners - POOF! then they have to re-connect. NOT GOOD.

I have an open help desk ticket... hasnt been resolved yet.

server overloaded? what kind of excuse is that?

i'm not paying for shoddy service.

I'll be switching in a few days. Already have a couple of providers in mind.

www.jetcityradio.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 28th, 2006, 2:45 pm 
Alumni
Alumni

The problem is AOL. If you are attempting to list your server on the yp your server is being locked out by some network issue between our provider and AOL. Setting your server to private mode will resolve this. Additionally you can request a move and we will move you to a server not having an issue at this time. Please understand that we cannot guarantee the service provided by AOL's shoutcast.com listing service. They are independent of us and provide their service free of charge.

Please note that this isn't a single provider to aol problem, this is a multi provider to AOL problem. SHOUTcast has been having many issues for the last month and I am not foreseeing any resolution to it anytime soon because they have stopped answering emails regarding the issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 29th, 2006, 5:31 am 
Experienced User
Experienced User

ok. so I will remove myself from the YP.

is it best to do it from SAM? (uncheck "List On Public Station Listing") or from the DNAS?

thanks.

will there be some notification / announcement when (if) this is resolved?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2006, 6:17 am 
Experienced User
Experienced User

Probably the wrong forum to ask this, but I am a SAM user and it's on-topic ;)

I run dedicated servers for my station (I have to...) and see the same issue. Right after an "Error connecting to YP" message, about 20% of the connections to a DNAS get closed - Happens with servers in Paris, Chicago, New York. Multiple data centers, same problem that John is talking about.

So yeah, it's definitely not just Audiorealm-hosted servers that are experiencing this problem. Jay, your explanation makes sense - I'm just not sure I understand why a DNAS would jettison so many listeners just because it can't "See" the YP. Maybe those listeners are also on the same AOL network as the YP servers, but the IP addresses of the 20% who get dumped seem pretty scattered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2006, 7:51 am 
Alumni
Alumni

Yes I have been pulling my hair out fingering this one. Unfortunately because the server is placing too much emphasis on the yp listing it drops listeners and of course we get blamed. We have worked with our provider to trace this problem and we have attempted multiple locations and multiple installs. This is just boiling down to an issue with resources on AOL.

My guess is the shoutcast code is placing too high a priority on the yp connection. Probably because the yp connection is a part of the same thread process as the source. Definately shoddy design on SHOUTcast's part, but they refuse to accept our bug reports on the problem.

I quote tag off the shoutcast distribution list, "Negative, since our touch frequency is 1 minute.. it looks like a shoutcast server we didnt write.

I dont know what version he's running, but it doesnt look kosher."

What kind of explanation is that? So it isn't working it must be some other server. Looks like a shoutcast log to me tag.

Anyhow, that's our stance. Set your server to private if you have issues with the server bouncing listeners.

As soon as we know more about the yp stability we will tell you but likely we won't know, because AOL will probably not inform us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2006, 12:36 pm 
New User
New User

Does anyone know what exactly is up with Audiorealm.com? I get a lot of touch errors from SAM, and the website pulls up so slow if at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2006, 12:13 pm 
Experienced User
Experienced User

it might be fixed. I have turned my server back to 'public' and havent had any issue yet (knock wood)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2006, 5:06 pm 
Experienced User
Experienced User

JohnW wrote:
it might be fixed. I have turned my server back to 'public' and havent had any issue yet (knock wood)

nevermind.

it just happened again.

:x

Post subject: Another Problem.
PostPosted: June 4th, 2006, 3:20 am 
New User
New User

Because I'm using the html version of Sam, when someone request for a song, the request fails. Is there a way to bypass Audiorealm for requests? If not, my station is useless to my listeners.

Also, when the request is successful, it takes almost a minute. Audiorealm's server is very slow and always down.

Post subject: Re: Another Problem.
PostPosted: June 4th, 2006, 7:57 am 
SVS Member
SVS Member

maddhouz wrote:
Because I'm using the html version of Sam, when someone request for a song, the request fails. Is there a way to bypass Audiorealm for requests? If not, my station is useless to my listeners.

Also, when the request is successful, it takes almost a minute. Audiorealm's server is very slow and always down.
Switch to PHP and you would not have to rely on Audiorealm to process your HTML requests.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2006, 11:16 am 
Senior User
Senior User

I am having the same touch error problem and I can't even listen to my own station. I stream with Windows Media and am on wm8. I use Audio Realm's pop up java player. Is there a current problem with that? This is a very recent problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2006, 2:55 pm 
Experienced User
Experienced User

Here's another audiorealm issue - I went and made one change to our shoutcast servers via the spacialnet web pages, and now all hell has broken loose; changes seem to have been made to the servers that I did NOT make, and I cannot change them back.

I've got a support ticket in, we'll see what they have to say. Has anyone else experienced this, though?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2006, 12:13 am 
Alumni
Alumni

Audiorealm is simply getting way too much traffic. When audiorealm gets redone we are revamping it on to new systems on a much better network.

Hang in there guys.