Skip to Content
It is currently November 14th, 2019, 9:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 8th, 2014, 3:56 pm 
Junior User
Junior User

I'm considering starting a radio station that broadcasts through audiorealm. I was wondering if I can hear my station on mobile devices like Iphones and IPADs. I ask this because when i try to sample other stations on the website, no music is playing.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2014, 5:29 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Jman1978 wrote:
I'm considering starting a radio station that broadcasts through audiorealm.

That's not possible. Audiorealm is merely a yellow pages directory and not a stream hosting platform.
SpacialAudio offers stream hosting via their SpacialNet brand and Stream Hosting including a Cloud-DJ platform via the SAM Vibe brand.

Jman1978 wrote:
I was wondering if I can hear my station on mobile devices like Iphones and IPADs. I ask this because when i try to sample other stations on the website, no music is playing.

The current audiorealm website will exclusively work on Windows, Mac and Linux computers, laptops and tablets with an Intel or AMD compatible processor (Most smartphones, tablets and smart TVs use ARM processors and are out, most set-top-boxes and other hardware streaming clients use MIPS processors and are out, older iMac, Macbook and Mac Pro models before Mac OS X were using PowerPC and are out, newer Macs with Intel processor are fine).
This limitation is due to the requirement for the Silverlight plugin. (Silverlight is Microsofts alternative to Adobe Flash)

The beta.audiorealm.com website MIGHT work on some smartphones and tablets, but that depends on the browser support for streaming audio via HTML5 and what formats are supported. The new website uses jPlayer framework to detect the capabilities of the browser and will fall back to a flash based player which is completely useless on smartphones and tablets.

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode