... BACKUP error
returns using updated MySQL 5.7.16 and later (Backup failed!! The MySQL server is running with the --secure-file-priv option
So, as you know, those of us who like to keep our software updated, we usually run into repeat problems that rear their ugly heads. In this case, that infamous Backup failed! MySQL error. This error would re-appear for those users that have since updated their version of MySQL, as mentioned above - to a version of 5.7.16 and newer (5.7.20). etc.
If you followed KarenMichelles
advice from 5.7.6-5.7.11, and you have NOT
updated MySQL since and your backups are working fine, you need to do NOTHING!
IF, you have since , updated MySQL and the Backup error has returned...
I searched Google for an answer, reading countless MySQL respositories and thanks to the good souls over at StackOverflow...H E R E * I S * T H E * S O L U T I O N
advised (with a twist):GRANT THE ABILITY TO ISSUE DATABASE DUMPS AS FOLLOWS
1) Shutdown MySQL from the Services Panel
2) Navigate to your C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7 folder and edit the my.ini configuration file. [Make sure your text editor is launched in Administrator mode]
3) Locate the following syntax:
# Secure File Priv.
secure-file-priv="C:/ProgramData/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.6/Uploads"
this time, instead if erasing it all together or commenting it out, leave: secure-file-priv=
as a BLANK STRING, like so...
your my.ini file.
******** N E X T S T E P ********OPEN POWERSHELL FROM THE MySQL BIN FOLDER
1) Navigate to the: C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\bin folder.
2) In the ADDRESS BAR, type POWERSHELL and hit Enter.
3) You should now see a nice blue POWERSHELL window.
4) Type: ./mysqld - hit Enter. (your MySQL daemon should have restarted successfully)
Restart SAM broadcaster. Run the Backup command. You should now see SAM advise that a backup has been generated...VIOLA!
- And, also, as KarenMichelle advised
If you then start receiving the following error:
Can't create/write to file C:\Users\youraccountname\AppData\Local\SpacialAudio\SAMBC\Backup\Backup_2015-11-18.... Errcode 13 - Permission denied)
just do this:
1) Navigate to C:\Users\[login account]\AppData\Local\SpacialAudio
2) Select the SAMBC folder
3) Right-mouse click and select the properties option
4) Select the Security tab
5) Press the [ Edit ] button
6) Press the [ Add ] button
7) Type "NETWORK SERVICE" in the Object Name window and press the OK button.
This adds the NETWORK SERVICE credentials to the access control list
Select the new NETWORK SERVICE entry and then press the [Full Access] permission
9) Press the [ Apply ] button
10) Back out all the way and then launch SAM and test the Backup.
.::.(())::. Urban Hitz Radio™ USA .::.(())::. The People' Choice for Hip-Hop & R&B!Listen to Urban Hitz Radio
– GET A Local or TOLL-FREE Request Line NOW...Only $2 Monthly
– Request Line: (855) 588-6767