Skip to Content
It is currently August 25th, 2019, 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 4th, 2019, 2:13 pm 
Senior User
Senior User

I use SAM Broadcaster to stream my radio station and have been doing so for about 9 years now.

Recently, I've been also using a live streaming video software called vMix (see vmix.com) that enables me to conduct live streaming video talk shows to Facebook and YouTube.

I'm trying to figure out a way to get the live streaming audio from those talk shows in vMix into SAM so that my radio station listeners can also hear the interviews. I'm thinking there's a way to pipe the audio of the interviews from vMix into SAM using virtual audio cables on my computer that will bring the audio out of vMix and into SAM.

Is there a way to use a virtual audio cable as the microphone source in SAM? If yes, would I just need to change the default recording device in my PC to the virtual audio cable that is receiving audio coming out of vMix? And then would I need to press the microphone button in SAM in order for SAM to receive that audio?

Has anyone tried something like this before and can you make any suggestions on how to configure? Thanks.

PostPosted: July 5th, 2019, 4:17 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

There's multiple options:
  1. Use VAC and the microphone input
  2. Use VAC and then add the virtual input as a "file" to your queue/playlist and move it to a deck
  3. Use VAC and change the encoder source from DSP to record from soundcard (pick the right input device or make it your primary recording device in Windows)
  4. Don't use VAC and instead use the "What you hear"/Stereo Mix input with either of the 3 options above (mic input, queue/playlist file, encoder source)

Don't pick option 4 unless you're very sure you want have any unwanted sounds playing as that will really mirror the output of your soundcard as an input channel.

We're offering custom PAL / PHP code and general SAM assistance at palscripts.com

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: July 9th, 2019, 12:01 am 
Senior User
Senior User

Mastacheata wrote:
There's multiple options:
  1. Use VAC and the microphone input
  2. Use VAC and then add the virtual input as a "file" to your queue/playlist and move it to a deck
  3. Use VAC and change the encoder source from DSP to record from soundcard (pick the right input device or make it your primary recording device in Windows)
  4. Don't use VAC and instead use the "What you hear"/Stereo Mix input with either of the 3 options above (mic input, queue/playlist file, encoder source)

Don't pick option 4 unless you're very sure you want have any unwanted sounds playing as that will really mirror the output of your soundcard as an input channel.

Thank you as always Benedikt for your helpful response. I will give it a shot. Much appreciated. - Mike