Skip to Content
It is currently December 19th, 2014, 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: April 1st, 2007, 10:02 am 
New User
New User

Hi folks i thought it's about time i share some knowledge i've made while experimenting with sambc in connection with the aim to stream an interview or a VoIP conversation.

So basically what we're planning to set up here is the following:

- sambc playing music (of course)
- setting to voicefx up, so people listening to the stream are able to hear you, the moderator, and your interview partners
- optionally we will add the music output to your voice software so people know when the song is going to be done and the talking starts again

What we need is actually only two things:

- SAMBC
- VAC (Virtual Audio Cables available at http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.html)

You will have to "buy" the software and no, i'm not receiving any money from the creator, i just consider this to be the best possible solution.

VAC consists of two modules, the Virtual Audio Cables themselves and a small program called an Audio Repeater. You will need these.

First start the VAC control panel and set the cables to 5 as seen on the following screenshot.
Image[/img]

These virtual cables can be considered as virtual audio interfaces on your pc.

Now we will have to set up which cable is gonna carry which signal. So let's say everything you say goes into Cable 1. Start an Audio Repeater and set it up as shown here:

this actually means that your microphone input is being routed into cable 1 and cable 1 carries your audio input.
Now, there's some guy on skype you wish to invite into the conversation and stream your and his voice to the radio stream. Easy stuff, just set the skype output to a cable. Let's say this guy's voice is cable 2.
Apply the settings according to the screenshot (sorry, i've got the german version, but you'll figure this out Wiedergabe = Playback)

Now we have your voice in cable 1 and his voice in cable 2. If you would call that guy now you won't hear his voice, so go start an Audio Repeater and set it up to route cable 2 into your audio hardware like this:

Don't forget to hit start of course ;)

Now you can hear what he says and he hears you. great. Now it's time to mix your and his voice together to stream it. From now on you should know how the repeaters work and you should be able to manage it yourself.

We need a cable for the mix. So start an Audio Repeater and send Cable 1 (Your voice) to Cable 3 (unused until now) and start another repeater and send cable 2 (his voice) to Cable 3 (the mix!) tada we have a mix. Now we just have to tell SAMBC it's gotta use cable 3 as voicefx input and there we go.

Don't forget to set the VoiceFX destination to "Encoders".

Now that's actually the basic process. Now everytime you hit the Lock Talk Button (Destop A for example) people are gonna hear you and your mate talking. Now for the last part: Sending the Air Out to your voice software.

We need to send the Air Out in SAMBC to a cable first, then you gotta start a Repeater that plays this cable for you (so you can hear the music) AND you gotta mix your voice and the air output to a last cable that is being used as input in your voice software (it's cable 5 in one of the screenshots above) As you already learned the basics about that virtual cable routing stuff you will easily manage to do this alone. You can post here if you got any problems. It's quite tricky to understand all this stuff in the beginning but after you've done this several times it's going to be easy ;)

Good Luck!

/me honors SeggsyAra for figuring out which cable to stick where

Last edited by Choseh on April 23rd, 2007, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 4th, 2007, 4:06 pm 
Senior User
Senior User

Hi Choseh i read your post and am trying to get this working but i cant get this running, i follow the steps one by one but nothing this is the pic for my config:

Tell me what's wrong thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2007, 4:09 am 
New User
New User

hi there, please reupload the picture, the link is broken :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2007, 6:55 am 
Experienced User
Experienced User

I did a search of it “Virtual Audio Cable download”

A few links to the file.

V4.10
http://www.download.com/Virtual-Audio-Cable/3000-2168_4-10067766.html

V4.08
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,30425-order,1-page,8-c,audiotools/description.html

V4.04
http://www.soft32.com/download_80982.html

Hope that helps.. :wink:

What Is My IP address?

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2007, 3:32 am 
New User
New User

This is really great! Every one of my virtual cables is working fine. Except the one that inputs my microphone to SAM. It's set up correct except it's lagged. I said something and about 3 seconds later it came through. How can I solve this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2007, 4:03 am 
New User
New User

well i've experienced this lag too, but well haven't found out how to solve this. try to live with it ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2007, 5:48 am 
New User
New User

Ok, I'll experiment with SAM throughout the next few days. I'll see if I can get it working. This is really nice though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2007, 7:21 am 
Experienced User
Experienced User

Choseh wrote:
well i've experienced this lag too, but well haven't found out how to solve this. try to live with it ;)

Buffer Settings may be up to high. Try to lower it down

What Is My IP address?

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2007, 7:37 am 
New User
New User

Where abouts? In SAM or in VAC

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2007, 9:06 am 
Experienced User
Experienced User

Try the Buffer setting in the Voice FX area:

Voice FX
Config
Buffer Settings
Packets and Packet time

Voice FX
in EQ
Output
Buffer Settings
Packet time

Its a start.. :wink:

What Is My IP address?

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2007, 9:12 am 
New User
New User

Doesn't work, But thanks for the effort of making that mate :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2007, 9:23 am 
Experienced User
Experienced User

Then it must be with in VAC and not SAM

What Is My IP address?

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2007, 10:44 am 
New User
New User

I'll browse through now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2007, 2:48 pm 
Experienced User
Experienced User

Sam has a broadcast buffer or what could be called a lag of about 3 to 10 seconds from the time you hit mic buttom, to when its broadcasted out to your listeners.

Or is your lag from the before hand?

Im trying to make my system do it, but with no luck. :cry:

What Is My IP address?

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2007, 11:03 pm 
New User
New User

I can't seem to fin anything in VAC or SAM so it may be one of our Computer settings?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next