Skip to Content
It is currently May 27th, 2020, 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MusicMaster ??
PostPosted: April 29th, 2020, 4:58 pm 
New User
New User

I have recently switched over to MusicMaster for my scheduling. How do we direct Sam to see the music and sweepers? I have all my music and sweepers in dropbox, and Sam pulls from there.

Thanks

Brian

Post subject: Re: MusicMaster ??
PostPosted: April 29th, 2020, 6:40 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

I believe you would need to export the schedule from MusicMaster in m3u format and then import into SAM as a playlist.

PostPosted: April 29th, 2020, 7:06 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Your question is a bit ambiguous. At first you ask how to make SAM use the files from Dropbox and then you say it's already got the files from Dropbox.
If you were actually thinking about the prescheduled list of tracks to play, do what Rob said, but make sure to import it into the queue and not a playlist.
Also: Make sure there are no PAL scripts, Scheduled Events or Requests enabled that would interfere. This is the #1 critique from people using external scheduling software. They usually forget to turn off all the included queue-manipulation logic of SAM and then complain about SAM interfering with their scheduled content.

Also note: If you set SAM to keep stuff in queue and don't line up your next playlist on time, SAM will fill the gap between "queue depleted to less than minimum number of tracks" and "next playlist inserted" with on-demand-scheduled content from it's library.

This prescheduling isn't really SAM's perfect discipline, because it actually follows a very contrary philosophy for scheduling content (I call that on-demand scheduling as SAM will only ever schedule a track when there is a need for one and it won't consider any requirements that might or might not come up in the future like you do with advanced scheduling)

Shop for readymade PAL scripts by countrywesterndj - Or get a custom script made by me (or others)

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: May 6th, 2020, 12:11 pm 
New User
New User

I apologize for not being more specific about my question.

Using Music Master as the new Music scheduler for Sam. We use Powergold and you have to tell PG where the songs are when you export them into Sam, do I have to do the same for MM? I'm trying to get my clocks to know where music, sweepers and such are located.

Can you help?

PostPosted: May 6th, 2020, 7:36 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Any music scheduling software should usually output their plans as playlist files.
Simply import the playlist file into SAM/add it to the queue and SAM will automatically add the files specified inside the playlist file.

If you need to flag the tracks correctly as IDs/sweepers etc. you'll have to import/reflag them by hand I think. Unless of course the scheduling software is aware of SAM's database structure and credentials, then it could automatically add the files to SAM for you.

By default if you import a playlist (m3u/pls/asx) into SAM and SAM does have a track from that playlist in its own library, it will use that information in it's reports.
If SAM does not know a file from a playlist (m3u/pls/asx), it will automatically add it as a type S track, but not put it into any of it's categories. You'll only be able to find said track using the search of the Music (All) "meta"-category.
As SAM doesn't know or even consider different track types from playlist files, it will not report a file as Station ID/Sweeper in it's royalty reports if that's what you care about. (Other than these and possibly the option of using the tracks in SAM standalone mode without prescheduled content I can't see any reason why you would care about how the song types are reported inside SAM)

Shop for readymade PAL scripts by countrywesterndj - Or get a custom script made by me (or others)

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode