Skip to Content
It is currently May 27th, 2020, 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Playlist rotation rules
PostPosted: May 5th, 2020, 1:41 pm 
New User
New User

My Playlist Rotation rules keep modifying on their own.

I constantly reset them to default, then un-check ghost queue and cache queue count, then set queue to hold 15.

The Rules keep modifying, and changing the values to- 2400 instead of 240 for same title, and 3000 instead of 240 for same track.
Very frustrating, because the queue of 15 i set will empty and i get a "Unable to pick any song" error in the event log. I don't want to clear history every day in the interest of making reporting less of a mess.

I've saved the configuration many, many, many times, restarted it, modified the value in the SAM XML Core file, still no luck.

This is a fresh install within the last month, too.
Any ideas?

SAM 2020.3
Build 67314
Database Driver - MariaDB

Windows 10 64-bit
Xeon E5-2620 v2 @ 2.10GHz
32GB Ram

PostPosted: May 5th, 2020, 5:39 pm 
SVS Member
SVS Member

Is your SAMBC User/Data Folder somehow located inside / linked with some kind of cloud storage solution like Google Drive, MS OneDrive, Dropbox, Amazon Drive etc.?

Considering you have a server CPU in your machine, having a "roaming profile" in an Active Directory Domain would be considered cloud storage for this purpose as well.

I can't think of any reason why SAM would go back to defaults unless it can't access/read the config file inside your user profile folder.
The rotation rules are definitely stored inside the config file as you already found out yourself, so the database can not be the source of the problem this time (although it's usually our first guess for all problems with SAM ;) )

As a last resort, you might want to consider a harddrive/ssd defect => Run a S.M.A.R.T. Diagnostics tool on the harddrive where your user profile is located to verify that.

Shop for readymade PAL scripts by countrywesterndj - Or get a custom script made by me (or others)

My Project:
Send "Now Playing" from SAM to Twitter and/or Facebook | Sourcecode

PostPosted: May 7th, 2020, 2:44 pm 
New User
New User

Thank you for your response.

After some digging, i found the issue. There was a PAL script that was(is) utilizing the PlayListRules object, it was setting alternate values on every iteration without resetting them back to the original value.

Derp level 10.... :roll: